Activation after reinstall RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings. This weekend One Care said my coputer was at risk and was unable to get the most resent updates. I went to the website to make the changes manualy. I was unsucsesful. I then uninstalled then reinstalled One Care. It now tells me that my subscription will expire in 13 days. My subscription is only a few months old! What can I do now?  I sent 2 diffrent messages to One Care and the reply simply sent me back to the One Care site where I can't seem to get any help.

Thanks,

Chuck

Monday, February 11, 2008 2:25 PM

Answers

• Hi, Chuck. Did you open one or more email support cases? If so, they can take up to 24 hours to respond.

If your subscription to OneCare shows expired in OneCare

If your subscription is correctly shown at the Billing site, but incorrect in OneCare and your PC date and time are correct, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, February 11, 2008 2:27 PM

All replies

• Hi, Chuck. Did you open one or more email support cases? If so, they can take up to 24 hours to respond.

If your subscription to OneCare shows expired in OneCare

If your subscription is correctly shown at the Billing site, but incorrect in OneCare and your PC date and time are correct, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, February 11, 2008 2:27 PM
  • Steve, My account is still active, all the billing information (name, adderss, etc.) is correct. I have tried for the past to days using the oneline one care help and keep running into a dead end! Both of my emailed question have been answered the same way you did....Back to online one care help, where I keep having no luck. Can I get a phone number or somthing? How do I find my existing product key?

Thanks,

Chuck

Monday, February 11, 2008 2:55 PM
  • Chuck, check your email account that is shown in your public forum profile. I sent an email to you from sboots@mvps.org

Let me know if you received it.

-steve

Monday, February 11, 2008 6:27 PM
  • Steve, I went back to my profile to see if I had included my email address along with the other information that was needed. My email is now included, but I'm not sure it was before. I also checked my email and there was no message from you or anyone else whom I've emailed about this problem. Can I email you directley or will the new info in my profile be enough?

-chuck

Monday, February 11, 2008 7:47 PM
  • I have this same problem and am trying to get and answer

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 12:40 AM
  •  kcwins1 wrote:

Steve, I went back to my profile to see if I had included my email address along with the other information that was needed. My email is now included, but I'm not sure it was before. I also checked my email and there was no message from you or anyone else whom I've emailed about this problem. Can I email you directley or will the new info in my profile be enough?

-chuck

Chuck, I received your email. I replied, but you have not yet replied to me to confirm that you have received the message from me.

-steve

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 1:28 AM
  •  diana manton wrote:

I have this same problem and am trying to get and answer

Diana, what "same" problem do you have? OneCare shows your subscription expiring, but that is incorrect?

Did you follow the instructions in my reply above?

-steve

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 1:29 AM
  • Steve, I have yet to get an email to the address I sent you earlier. Was the email sent to yahoo or here somewhere? Anyway, no changes yet. My subcription will end in 12 days.

How were you able to see if Diana's subscription was active or not? Can you do the same with my account? And if so, It will show the account active in which case you could give me the phone number right?  Looks like $50 spent for nothing. I do thank you for your time however.

-chuck

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 4:29 AM
  • I am unable to view account information. Moderators are volunteers here.

Do you have an alternate address? I replied to your message yesterday, so that was two messages sent to your yahoo address. I'll try again from a different sending address.

-steve

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 2:13 PM