mediasmart server looses connection and troubleshooter gives two network adapter error RRS feed

• Question

• randomly 1 to 3 days, i will turn on a any of my pc's or use my appletv and not have a connection to the server.  on the computers the status box is gray.  I will run the troubleshooter and get a message that their are 2 network adapters along with errors that essentially nothing works (server website not available, upnp unavailable, etc).  I will then use the button to shut down the server, wait a few seconds, restart it and everything works.  This started about 6 months ago.  I have spent hours of time looking on the internet, checked firewalls, cables, etc.  I even purchased a new routers and  called my dsl provider to check modem set up.  I will think I fixed it only to have it happen on the 3rd day.  My setup is a new netgear router (wndr3400) with a speedstream 4100 modem  (they are bridged), one pc (2005 xp media center) and the server are plugged in via cables to the netgear router and 3 pc's (1 vista lap top, 1 7 home premium laptop, a an old xp machine infrequently used), an appletv, and a wii connect wirelessly. 

Another annoying issue is that when powering up the computers, they go much slower when the server is not available.  I think this is because the machines are trying to find the server with no luck.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME

Saturday, October 2, 2010 5:32 AM

All replies

• It is essentially a bug with the Mediasmart server - which seems to freeze randomly. I experience the same since I upgraded to 2 GB of memory, and the only workaround is to powercycle the machine.

Which model do you have and how much memory is there installed?

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Saturday, October 2, 2010 10:16 AM