CRM Online 2011 and BPOS (Exchange Online) RRS feed

• Question

• Hey there,

Quick question. Has anyone tried yet to integrate CRM 2011 Online with Exchange Online of the BPOS offering? I'm not sure if I'm getting it right, but it would seem that you need an onPremise Server to install the Email Router and then point the Email Router to both CRM Online as well Exchange Online. Is that so?

I'm also wondering: other than using the Email router there is no way to have CRM Online send emails "out of the box", say for instance by means of a notification workflow, right? You can't use the built in accounts (Administration, etc.) to send you notifications, right? You need to setup the email router first?

Thanks,
    Manuel

manuel_altermatt@hotmail.com
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 5:34 PM

Answers

• Hi Manuel,

we have integrated the CRM Online and BPOS. It is basically as you say, you need to run the e-mail router on extra machine. How evere it does not have to be a server, because Windows 7 is also supported for E-mail Router. So you can install it on any computer that is connected to the internet.

You can configure the users to send emails through Outlook and then you will not need the e-mail router.

Best regards,

Michal

Friday, February 18, 2011 7:18 AM
  • It is possible to connect Email router with Exchange Online 2010.

Autodiscover works for both Exchange Online 2007 and Exchange Online 2010.
    What was the error you got when you tried autodiscover?

Administrator user type implies that you would provide the credentials of an exchange account that has required privileges over other accounts to process mailboxes - Impersonation (Send As) or Delegate Access.
    User type on the other hand implies that thr email address of each user can be used as the logon name while thee passwords would be provided. This is one of the less used configuration types.
    If you have 1000 users, you would rather have a single account with impersonation permissions and use that account (profile) to process emails for everyone else rather than have 1000 profiles where each users logon credentials are provided explicitly.

If you choose delegate access, then emails sent from router using this profile would show "Sent On Behalf Of" in the emails (if the actual sender is different from the exchaneg account mentioned in email router.
    If you choose Send As, then the recipient is not aware that the email was sent using a different exchange account as opposed to the actual sender of the email.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 10:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Manuel,

we have integrated the CRM Online and BPOS. It is basically as you say, you need to run the e-mail router on extra machine. How evere it does not have to be a server, because Windows 7 is also supported for E-mail Router. So you can install it on any computer that is connected to the internet.

You can configure the users to send emails through Outlook and then you will not need the e-mail router.

Best regards,

Michal

Friday, February 18, 2011 7:18 AM
  • Michael,

Thanks a lot. Michael, though I have been able to setup the email router and send emails through it, I am not 100% sure that have understood all configurations properly. Maybe you can enlighten me:

• What is the autodiscovery good for? I tried it but it never worked. I ended up using https://autodiscover-red001.mail.microsoftonline.com/ews/Exchange.asmx manually.
    • What is the difference between User Type "Administrator" and "User"? Why does User still need a password? Which password?
    • What is the difference between "Delegate Access" and "Send as permission"?

I have also encoutered another error when trying to send email notificactions through a workflow. I have created a different post in this group for that.

Thanks a lot and best regards,
    Manuel

manuel_altermatt@hotmail.com
    Friday, February 18, 2011 6:07 PM
  • Friday, February 25, 2011 2:35 PM
  • It is possible to connect Email router with Exchange Online 2010.

Autodiscover works for both Exchange Online 2007 and Exchange Online 2010.
    What was the error you got when you tried autodiscover?

Administrator user type implies that you would provide the credentials of an exchange account that has required privileges over other accounts to process mailboxes - Impersonation (Send As) or Delegate Access.
    User type on the other hand implies that thr email address of each user can be used as the logon name while thee passwords would be provided. This is one of the less used configuration types.
    If you have 1000 users, you would rather have a single account with impersonation permissions and use that account (profile) to process emails for everyone else rather than have 1000 profiles where each users logon credentials are provided explicitly.

If you choose delegate access, then emails sent from router using this profile would show "Sent On Behalf Of" in the emails (if the actual sender is different from the exchaneg account mentioned in email router.
    If you choose Send As, then the recipient is not aware that the email was sent using a different exchange account as opposed to the actual sender of the email.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 10:30 AM
  • Ravindra,

Thanks for your follow up. Eventually I was able to configure our email router nicely with Dynamics CRM Online!

Best Regards,
    Manuel

maltermatt@syndeo.mx
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 3:19 PM
  • Hi Dude,

How about install the email router in Windows Azure?

The challenge that I am facing is my MSCRM Online customers do not have any available workstation or server that connected online. However, they have purchased Windows Azure account. That's why I am thinking to find a way to install it in Azure platform.

Actually, it is quite unreasonable to sell customer MSCRM Online solution but on the other hand ask them to prepare a server to host email router..

Best Regards,

Steve Fu

Steve Fu
    Monday, October 17, 2011 5:25 AM
  • Hi Steve, the machine hosting the e-mail router does not have to be a server.  The e-mail router is also suppported on Windows 7 so maybe the client has a small windows 7 machine around that you can use to install the router.

Regards, Donna

Monday, October 17, 2011 12:03 PM