*** Can I tell if my Windows XP Pro install disk is 32 or 64 bit without installing it?? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to tell if my install disc or the key associated with it is a 32 or 64 bit version?

It is a Windows XP Pro Ver. 2002 with PN: XO8-33951 on the disc.

The package and disc do not say 32 or 64 bit anywhere.

I realize I can tell after installing it, but I would like to know I am installing the right one if possible before going through the install process and spending all that time.  It came with my new system years ago and I just can't remember.  I am thinking it is a 64 bit, but see no way to tell.
    Friday, March 27, 2009 7:04 AM

Answers

• Hello Tata,

Thank you for posting in the WGA Forum Tata. First I must say this does fall outside the support scope for WGA.  My understanding is unless you specifically ask for 64 bit OS @ the time of purchase then you should have the 32 bit version. 

Thank you,

Stephen
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Friday, March 27, 2009 5:03 PM
    Friday, March 27, 2009 5:03 PM