How to get rid of the confirmation for Full name ?(CRM 2013) RRS feed

• Question

• Whenever you create a new contact and put in a first name and a last name and save, there is a confirmation that pops up asking whether you want to confirm it as the full name.

Is there anyway to disable this functionality?

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 10:32 PM

All replies

• Full Name is a composite field (based on your settings; generally first name+Last name). By default CRM only shows full name field on the form so that the user can enter the first name and last name in the fly out (confirmation pop up). Since you have the first name and last name fields on the form this fly out becomes redundant but there is little we can do to customize it. The composite field's value is set using that fly out. One way to avoid the pop up is to remove the full name field from the form. You have the first name & last name fields on form and once the form is saved full name is shown in the header. If you need it to be on the form then try updating the full name using JScript.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Proposed as answer by Faisal Fiaz Thursday, January 2, 2014 11:40 AM
    Wednesday, January 1, 2014 12:20 AM
  • Did this work for you?

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Proposed as answer by rogrod Friday, September 12, 2014 7:40 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by rogrod Friday, September 12, 2014 7:40 AM
    Tuesday, January 7, 2014 5:50 AM
  • Hello,

This post is old, but if you or someone is in the same situation:

The important thing is that "lastname" (required field to compose fullname) exists in the form.

Then you can remove the fullname from the form.

And you can hide lastname and fill it through JS, bussiness rule, etc. if neccesary (Fullname can't be filled through JS)

I hope this can help someone.

Friday, September 12, 2014 7:53 AM