none
For bobjbkln, issue with running hleofxquotes on new laptop RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi bobjbkln,

I saw your post a while back. I replied via Dan's microsoftmoneyoffline site. I was going to reply to it again here but I can't find your original post anymore.

If you still have issue, please send me email at hleofxquotes at gmail dot com

Best,

Friday, January 3, 2020 3:47 AM

All replies

• Hleofxquotes has developed an alternative that works for me.  Sorry I can't be more specific or the outside moderator would remove the post.  But thanks again, hle.
    Tuesday, January 7, 2020 5:03 AM
  • On Bob new machine, it can't access the jar file (we can't figure out). So I create an MSI installable file for hleofxquotes. One good use for the installer is thati t can be install and uninstalled via standard Windows  mechanism (and Java is no longer needed to be installed separatedly.

If you think that might be useful for you, send me email hleofxquotes at gmail dot com

Tuesday, January 7, 2020 10:18 PM
  • One good use for the installer is thati t can be install and uninstalled via standard Windows  mechanism (and Java is no longer needed to be installed separatedly.

If I understand correctly, Java is needed but is included in the new installer.  Is that correct?  If so, does uninstallation also remove Java?
    Tuesday, January 7, 2020 11:46 PM
  • Correct. Uninstall will remove the "embedded copy" that comes with the installer. Not the "general" Java installation (If you have install Java already).

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 1:04 AM