LCS 2005 users logging into Office communicator without being authenticated!? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Environment:

Windows 2003 Domain.

Server1:  LCS 2005 with SP1

TCP enabled on 5060

TLS enabled on 5061  (Authentication both NTLM and Kerebros)

users configured for Remote Access

Server2: LCS 2005 Access proxy with inside and outside edge configured

Connectivity:

Within the network, with Server1 in the settings users are being authenticated for their domain login - with both TCP and TLS.

Within the network, with Server 2 in the settings users are not able to login

From outside the network, with Server1 in the settings user are not able to login - obviously as there is no public connectivity to this server.

From outside the network, with Server 2 in the settings, user are able to login ------ BUT they are not being asked for domain credentials.  It is directly logging in.  This means i will be able to login as any user if i know their SIP login.  Any Ideas what could have gone wrong with my configuration?

I am ready to provide any additional info as required.

Sunday, January 25, 2009 7:33 AM

All replies

• I had seen exact same issue where the certificate is not good. (Misconfigured), .

Make sure you had given the correct certificates on the edge servers Internal Edge FQDN and External Edge FQDN.

What is your Internal Edge FQDN and External Edge FQDN? What is the certificate subject name and SAN if any.

Check what name you gave on the forest Edge Tab? It should be your Internal Edge FQDN.

Jithendranath Reddy
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 3:55 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  However, i could not check the same as i had to uninstall LCS 2k5 and install OCS 2k7 SE with LiveMeeting and web conferencing.  Everything looks to be fine.

What i am interested in is auditing live meeting sessions - I could able to generate and XML logs on compliance share and could read the same through DMInsider.exe - Everything looks to be fine.

How could I monitor the Applicaiton/Desktop sharing activitiy in LiveMeeting?  Need to know who initiated a sharing and passed the control to whom, etc.

Is there any log (XML) generated anywhere?

Is this information will get stored in Archiving and CDR server in SQL DB?, if so which table?

Thanks in advance; will let you know if you need any further details.

- Ajay

Thursday, January 29, 2009 9:50 PM