Enabeling Web Conferencing in OCS 2007 STD RRS feed

• Question

• Hi to All

I have installed consolidated OCS 2007 STD in a single System like AD,Exchange Server 2003,OCS 2007 STD, and etc...now looking forward to implement Web Conferencing for the same..

Thanks In Advanced

Sameer
    Thursday, June 4, 2009 12:12 PM

All replies

• Are you saying you've installed all these components on the same host or just in the same network?

Regarding Web Conferencing, all the features should be ready to go if you've configured the consolidated service correctly.  You'll only need to edit the Default Policy (or select another policy) to allow users to initiate Live Meetings and invite anonymous participants.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Thursday, June 4, 2009 1:01 PM
  • BTW, I have some details on configuring Web Conferencing in this blog article: http://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/schertz_jeff/Pages/Post.aspx?_ID=67
    Thursday, June 4, 2009 7:58 PM
  • Exactly, Did install  all components in a same Server...and trying to install Web Conferencing...

Thanks
    Sameer
    Friday, June 5, 2009 4:47 AM
  • Hey fox how about OCS 2007 STD if i wanna install and enable Web Conferencing for External Access do i need to start from Deploy Other Server Roles, Deploy Archiving and CDR Server, next Deploy Edge Server, Deploy Mediation Server,Deploy Communicator web Access... are these components must need to install to Enable Web Access..but i didn't fing any such optiond like Dpploy Web Conference Server ,

According to Office Communications Server 2007 to provide Web-conferencing capabilities to remote users and instant messaging (IM) capabilities to internal users. This solution will support 350 users worldwide. You want to implement the most cost-effective solution.

Answer is here...By Install Office Communications Server 2007 Standard Edition and deploy an Access Edge server with the Web Conferencing Edge Server role.

No I'm not in my position and didn't even figured out where exactly thjis option is?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Sameer
    Friday, June 5, 2009 6:30 AM

• Web Conferencing Server is a standard part of OCS / R2 Standard Edition Server setup (as well as Enterprise consolidated pool). For basic remote access (IM, Presence, etc.), an OCS Edge Access Server is the minimum unless mobile users access internal resources using only the corporate's VPN solution.

http://www.leedesmond.com
    Friday, June 5, 2009 10:22 AM
  • Here I'm lacking...what if i got 32 Bit Processor and wanna install OCS / R2 not possible i guess..it supports only x64 bit Processor,

Thanks
    Sameer
    Friday, June 5, 2009 11:01 AM

• Web Conferencing Server is part of both OCS 2007 RTM and R2 in both Standard and Enterprise Editions. You just need to enable the feature as highlighted by Jeff.

Hope this helps. Do let us know. Thanks.

http://www.leedesmond.com
    Friday, June 5, 2009 11:33 AM
  • Yup...got it thanks fox..may i know how can test this OCS web Conferencing site...Shows Under Construction when i brows the site from IIS 6.0 Default Website....(Abs- Ext,Int,Files)

Is it possible to allow external users to access the web conference site??

Thanks
    Sameer
    Friday, June 5, 2009 11:50 AM
  • I suggest you go back and read the blog I posted earlier in the thread.  To enable Web Conferencing externally you need to deploy an Edge Server.  Either a consolidated server (all Edge Roles) will work, or an expanded deployment of multiple Edge servers with Access Edge and Web Conferencing Edge roles.  The A/V Edge role is not required if you don't plan to support audio/video inside of Live Meeting.

The IIS you referenced is actually the Web Components site and is not directly related to the Web Conferencing role.  It does support some of the features (Live MEeting shared slide download) but is a separate components that has other purposes (e.g. client Address Book download).

To allow users's external access to the Web components role (for the features I mentinoed above) you'll need to deploy a Reverse HTTPS Proxy, which is covered in both the R1/R2 technical documentation and various pasts threads and blog articles.

Also, if you only have a 32-bit server to use for the Edge role you can deploy an R1 Edge in conjunction with an R2 Front-End server.  Note that certain R2-only features will not be available for external clients (e.g. Desktop Sharing).  To deploy any R2 components you must have 64-bit hardware and OS installed.
    Friday, June 5, 2009 1:11 PM