As a 10+ year developer -- Where to begin Developer Certification? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have 10+ years of Microsoft development experience (C++/C#/WCF/MVC/WF/COM+/SQL/Windows Azure/OpenXML/etc...).

I wish to get certified as a senior Microsoft developer, however there are so many new and old developer certificates and I am not sure which are the most currently relivant.

So, where should I begin?

A link to provide me that mentoring would be great!

Thanks

Jeff in Seattle

Thanks
    Jeff in Seattle

Monday, April 23, 2012 7:09 PM

Answers

• Hi Jeff,

it depends on your area of interest. I would recommend that you go for a MCPD. You can find some information on the following site (just have a look at the Visual Studio 2010 certification tracks) - http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcpd.aspx#tab2

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

Monday, April 23, 2012 8:43 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi Jeff,

it depends on your area of interest. I would recommend that you go for a MCPD. You can find some information on the following site (just have a look at the Visual Studio 2010 certification tracks) - http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcpd.aspx#tab2

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

Monday, April 23, 2012 8:43 PM
    Answerer
  • Great

This is a good starting point

Thanks

Jeff in Seattle

Thanks
    Jeff in Seattle

Monday, April 23, 2012 8:59 PM
  • No problem. If you have further questions or need some guidance you're welcome to come back to this forum ;-)

Monday, April 23, 2012 9:37 PM
    Answerer