online photo backup RRS feed

• Question

• A couple questions about WLOC's online photo backup. I've got 2 computers in my onecare circle, both contain photos, does the $50 a year mean both computers get their photos backed up? Also, if I do purchase it, in listening to the information about it, I got the impression it was always running in the background affecting resources, is this true?

I have an unrelated question if you don't mind. This morning when I turned on the computer I got a message from WLOC saying it had blocked a program known as Watson Client. Not knowing what it was I selected the "block for now and ask me later" option. A quick search for Watson Client came up with a program that costs business's 99.95 a year. I'm not a business so I don't understand what this has to do with me. Could you shed some light on this Watson Client, why does it want access,  is it benign and can I do without it?
    Friday, June 20, 2008 12:57 PM

Answers

• Online Photo Backup will back up photos on all of the computers in your One Care Circle. Dr. Watson is a debugging tool included in Windows. It will typically access the internet during Windows Error Reporting and provides additional information after a crash or application failure. It is OK to allow access.

Friday, June 20, 2008 2:21 PM

All replies

• Online Photo Backup will back up photos on all of the computers in your One Care Circle. Dr. Watson is a debugging tool included in Windows. It will typically access the internet during Windows Error Reporting and provides additional information after a crash or application failure. It is OK to allow access.

Friday, June 20, 2008 2:21 PM
  • I'll expand on Jim's answer - when you subscribe to the online Photo backup, you can configure the backup on any one or more of your PCs. So, yes, you can enable Photo backup on up to 3 PCs if you have used all 3 activations for your subscription, or you can choose to backup the Photos on PC1 and 3 only, or PC2 only, for example - any combination of the 3 PCs. The backup is configured for each PC individually.

-steve

Friday, June 20, 2008 3:24 PM
  • Thanks, one more question....I currently have WLOC's backup turned off, I prefer to keep it that way, so will I be able to use online photo backup without enabling the entire backup?
    Saturday, June 21, 2008 12:52 AM
  • Yes, Online Photo Backup is independent of One Care backup.

Saturday, June 21, 2008 1:07 AM