Securing a Web Service Sync RRS feed

• Question

• I have sync currently working via a web service and before I think about putting this into production I need to secure the web service.

There seems lots of info on Extending the Soap Header or using WCF or WSE 2\3, but I’m only dependant on 2.0 of the Framework and am thinking of avoiding WCF. WSE seems to have gone away with VS 2008 so I’m currently left with the SOAP header extension as the only other means which is why I’m looking for suggestions.

I dont care much about SSL, but I would rather login once then transmit user and pass in every header. Is their a easy way to use IIS's authentication instead of anonymous; this way even if via clear text the web services would be available for the session.

What is the “preferred” way of securing web services?

Thanks,

Mike Pisano

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Thursday, April 21, 2011 9:44 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Technical Discussion [ReadOnly])
    Monday, February 4, 2008 7:00 PM

Answers

All replies

• There are many ways to secure a web services and as this is not really a question on sync, please direct your question to the following forum to get assistance on this: http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=881&SiteID=1

Thanks,

-Moe

Friday, February 15, 2008 7:51 AM
  • Could you explain how you managed to synchronize web services ?

I am faced with a similar problem, and I need a few tips on where and how to start.

Thank you very much.

Friday, February 29, 2008 10:10 AM
  • Also  - just responded to your post on how to write a provider to a web service Smile

Friday, February 29, 2008 4:38 PM
  • Could you post this information so that the rest of the forum could have access to it please.

Thanks
    Wednesday, September 17, 2008 4:55 AM