Isn't Microlimp just the greatest company? RRS feed

• Question

• First Microlimp secretly installs WGA w/o your permission and then Microlimp  treats you like a thief by asking you to verify your license at every restart unless you validate your copy, even though this was already done all those years ago when I first activated it. And this is the same company that tries to connive us with buzzwords such as "trustworthy computing" and yet can't provide it's own licensees with a bare basic minimum level of security.

HEY MICROLIMP! I HONESTLY PAID FOR MY FARGING XP LICENSE MANY YEARS AGO WITH MY HARD EARNED MONEY AND I DON"T LIKE YOU TREATING ME AS A THIEF!!! HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF IF SOMEONE CONSTANTLY QUESTIONS YOUR INTEGRITY???

Saturday, April 4, 2009 12:49 AM

Answers

• Gorque,

Your very welcome for the reply. The MGA Diagnostic tool I requested you to run is not intrusive. This is a tool we use to assist our customers with problems which they are experiencing. Yes I have the expertise to provide you with a resolution but unfortunatly I do not know the exact details surrounding your issue. We need the MGA Diagnostic results for us to troubleshoot your problem. Please provide us with the MGA Diagnostic results so I may try and help you. If you do not feel comfortable running the tool then please visit Microsoft Help and Support @ http://support.microsoft.com/ph/1173#tab0 . Please locate Contact a support professional by E-mail, Online, or Phone @ the bottom of the page. 

Take care Gorque and have a super weekend :-)

Stephen

Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Saturday, April 4, 2009 1:52 AM
    Saturday, April 4, 2009 1:51 AM

All replies

• Gorque,

Interesting and abusive language Gorque. Would you like help with your problem? Please do not post in the WGA Forums with elusive language and making acquisitions. We are here to help our valued customers should they experience problems with WGA.  Importantly we do not want customers to become offended by such language. 

First we need you to run the MGA Diagnostic Tool and provide us with the actual results back in this thread. This will allow us to analyze exactly what you experiencing so we may provide you with a resolution. Please located the announcement @ the top of the forum Please Run The Microsoft Diagnostic Tool First".  You will find detailed steps for running the MGA Diagnostic Tool and pasting the results back in the thread. 

Stephen

Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    Saturday, April 4, 2009 1:19 AM
  • Dear Stephen:

Thank you for the quick reply. First of all  the proper spelling is abusive and not elusive. Secondly, considering that Microlimp is treating me as a thief everytime I reboot my machine, I feel it's quite appropriate for the anger that I'm experiencing at the present. Thirdly, I see no need to run any of your intrusive "tools" in order to remove a piece of "accusatory" software. Have you the expertise to advise me on this or not?

Gorque
    Saturday, April 4, 2009 1:30 AM
  • Gorque,

Your very welcome for the reply. The MGA Diagnostic tool I requested you to run is not intrusive. This is a tool we use to assist our customers with problems which they are experiencing. Yes I have the expertise to provide you with a resolution but unfortunatly I do not know the exact details surrounding your issue. We need the MGA Diagnostic results for us to troubleshoot your problem. Please provide us with the MGA Diagnostic results so I may try and help you. If you do not feel comfortable running the tool then please visit Microsoft Help and Support @ http://support.microsoft.com/ph/1173#tab0 . Please locate Contact a support professional by E-mail, Online, or Phone @ the bottom of the page. 

Take care Gorque and have a super weekend :-)

Stephen

• Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Saturday, April 4, 2009 1:52 AM
    Saturday, April 4, 2009 1:51 AM
  • Dear Stephen:

If you had taken the time to truly read my first post, then you would realize that what I desire is the removal of the accusatory WGA software from my machine. Nothing more nothing less and I fail to see the need for my having to run the MGA diagnostic tool, when my machine operated and continues to operate quite well, except for the irritating message asking me to initiate WGA at every restart.  And considering the plethora of the problems you've been responding to in this forum with WGA issues, I believe my concerns are well grounded in the request for its removal.

XOXO

Gorque
    Saturday, April 4, 2009 2:15 AM
  • Hello Gorque,

The "plethora of problems" in this forum are mostly due to people have nongenuine installations of Windows and Office on their computers.

Microsoft is as equally desirous as you are to have inappropriate software removed from computers.  In Microsoft's case, the software they want to be removed would be the many hundreds of thousands of illegal pirated installations of Windows and Office for which they have collected not one red cent.

The WGA notification tool only displays its "accusations" when there is illegal software on the computer, or when the conditions of the installation of the software are corrupted to such a degree as to create a "false positive" report.  So, if you are seeing WGA notices, it is VERY LIKELY that your computer has one of those pirated installations on it, or your installation of Windows and/or Office is corrupted in such a manner as to create a false positive report.

Here is the link for the mgadiag utility:  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Saturday, April 4, 2009 3:41 AM
  • Hello Dan: Thank you for taking the time to give me a detailed explanation of WGA and the diagnostic tool. Here is the result of the diagnostic: Now can I be left alone in peace? ;-) PS: I've dug up my receipt from NewEgg and the install disk and product key just in case you still don't believe me. Diagnostic Report (1.9.0006.1): ----------------------------------------- WGA Data--> Validation Status: Genuine Validation Code: 0 Online Validation Code: N/A Cached Validation Code: N/A Windows Product Key: *****-*****-PDPDT-K3KMP-C4BV6 Windows Product Key Hash: aAHAP8O7DromgQTzIMLevii+9cw= Windows Product ID: 76487-OEM-2269673-32070 Windows Product ID Type: 3 Windows License Type: OEM System Builder Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro ID: {8282D190-E066-4320-8E8F-C7E450E8BE7E}(3) Is Admin: Yes TestCab: 0x0 WGA Version: Registered, 1.9.40.0 Signed By: Microsoft Product Name: N/A Architecture: N/A Build lab: N/A TTS Error: N/A Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-230-1 Resolution Status: N/A WgaER Data--> ThreatID(s): N/A Version: N/A WGA Notifications Data--> Cached Result: 0 File Exists: Yes Version: 1.9.40.0 WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft OGA Notifications Data--> Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002 Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002 WGATray.exe Signed By: Microsoft OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002 OGA Data--> Office Status: 109 N/A OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002 Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002 Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-230-1 Browser Data--> Proxy settings: N/A User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32) Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled Active scripting: Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed File Scan Data--> Other data--> Office Details: {8282D190-E066-4320-8E8F-C7E450E8BE7E}1.9.0006.15.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.prox32*****-*****-*****-*****-C4BV676487-OEM-2269673-320703S-1-5-21-1801674531-1659004503-839522115GBT___AWRDACPIAward Software International, Inc.F620060920000000.000000+0008B62317701847A7A04090409Eastern Standard Time(GMT-05:00)03109 Licensing Data--> N/A HWID Data--> N/A OEM Activation 1.0 Data--> BIOS string matches: yes Marker string from BIOS: 14280:SYNNEX TECHNOLOGY INTERNATIONAL CORP|14280:SYNNEX TECHNOLOGY INTERNATIONAL CORP|14280:SYNNEX TECHNOLOGY INTERNATIONAL CORP Marker string from OEMBIOS.DAT: N/A, hr = 0x80004005 OEM Activation 2.0 Data--> N/A
    Saturday, April 4, 2009 11:43 PM