I need to know the router requirements for Windows Home Server. RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting an error on setting up the client side connector software.  ANy box I attempt to load it on cannot find the server or it finds it and comes back that it cannot download from it.  On the server side the router configuration comes back and tells me that the router does not support uPNP and asks me to configure it.  The issue is I know it's on and I have verified it.  I have gone as far as using advanced routing and set up port 80, 443 and 4125 to forward to the server IP address.  I am using a Linksys router and a Linksys Gigabit switch.  The server is hooked in to the Router and the Router config is set to Gateway mode and serves the Internet.   I was able to verify that IIS was running but I believe the issue revolves around the WHS site.
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 2:25 PM

All replies

• Can you ping your server from a client computer by name? By IP address? If you log in to your server using physical console or Remote Desktop, can you view Web pages such as e.g. the Microsoft home page? Do you use the DNS servers your ISP provides, or a third party service such as OpenDNS?
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 2:51 PM