CRM 4.0 Outlook client - Printing problems RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, We upgraded our CRM server last week then uninstalled the outlook client and reinstalled the 4.0 outlook client. We've been having a lot of issues. Our implementor is working on most of them but they are not able to help with this quesiton so I thought I'd post it here.

Out of 45 installs 6 - 8 people have called concerning a printing problem. when they plugged their printers back into their laptops they were not recognized. The printer shows up in the printers & faxes menu but when they select the printer to print it says there is not printer attached.  

They are all using HP OfficeJet all in one, mostly different models. Those that have more than one printer are having the same problem with all of them.

Other specs: 

Lenovo Thinkpad X60 and T60 laptops with windows XP SP3 and MS Office 2003, CRM 4.0 outlook client.

I've had them power cycle the printers and laptops, switch usb ports, restart the print spooler.

Other than installing crm 4.0 we ran windows updates. Nothing else was installed at this time.

I hope you can help. I have some very frustrated users out there.

Dawn

Thursday, August 14, 2008 3:13 PM

Answers

• I would first try updating the Printer Driver. 

It is possible that something undesirable occurred in either the Outlook Client or Windows update install.  Also, ensure you have all the latest Office updates by going to the Microsoft Office Update Web site.  I understand that you ran your Windows update, but I have noticed that on occassion, it doesn't always pick up the Office Updates.

Below is a link to a list of CRM 4 for Outlook known issues and their corresponding KB articles

http://blog.sonomapartners.com/2008/06/known-issues-an.html 

Thursday, August 14, 2008 5:01 PM

All replies

• I would first try updating the Printer Driver. 

It is possible that something undesirable occurred in either the Outlook Client or Windows update install.  Also, ensure you have all the latest Office updates by going to the Microsoft Office Update Web site.  I understand that you ran your Windows update, but I have noticed that on occassion, it doesn't always pick up the Office Updates.

Below is a link to a list of CRM 4 for Outlook known issues and their corresponding KB articles

http://blog.sonomapartners.com/2008/06/known-issues-an.html 

Thursday, August 14, 2008 5:01 PM
  • Thanks for your information. I'll give it a try. We did update Office with the windows updates. They have Office SP3 now.

Thursday, August 14, 2008 5:42 PM