Importing Order Products RRS feed

• Question

• Okay, so I've been transferring data from one CRM instance to another by exporting from the old one and importing into the new one (this goes fairly smoothly once you work out all the little tricks like getting stray commas out of your CSV file, making sure columns are appropriately formatted, and so on. So I've got my Orders imported, and they are appearing correctly in their parent Accounts. But I now need to get the Products that each Order contained in the old CRM back into the Order in the new CRM. This would not be hard if there were any way to export Products that are in Orders (I think these are what are called Order Products) but I can't find a way to do that. Thanks in advance for any help.
    Sunday, September 13, 2009 8:13 PM

Answers

• I think you are going to need to run a SQL query on the FilteredSalesOrderDetail table to pull the data and save in the format needed or consider using a product like Scribe to move the Order Product from one system to another.
    Best Regards, Donna
    Monday, September 14, 2009 5:13 PM

All replies

• I think you are going to need to run a SQL query on the FilteredSalesOrderDetail table to pull the data and save in the format needed or consider using a product like Scribe to move the Order Product from one system to another.
    Best Regards, Donna
    Monday, September 14, 2009 5:13 PM
  • Thanks!
    Monday, September 14, 2009 5:27 PM
  • You're welcome.  If this answers your question, please take a minute to mark the post as answered.  This will help other forum visitors when looking for solutions.  Thank you
    Best Regards, Donna
    • Marked as answer by Michel Ehrlich Monday, September 14, 2009 7:05 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Michel Ehrlich Monday, September 14, 2009 7:05 PM
    Monday, September 14, 2009 6:04 PM
  • The reason I voted it as helpful but didn't mark it as answered is that, strictly speaking, I've no way of knowing whether it was correctly or fully answered since I didn't try what you suggest (I'm a scientist by training ;) but perhaps that's a bit pedantic and possibly beside the point so I'll go out on that limb ;) -- voilà!
    Monday, September 14, 2009 7:07 PM
  • ha ha, thank you, I know it is risky business.  Let me know if it doesn't work.  Have a good week.
    Best Regards, Donna
    Monday, September 14, 2009 9:08 PM