How do I stop the ringing on a blind transfer? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using a blind transfer but I need to keep the caller from  from hearing the phone ring when I do the transfer. Is there some way to keep the caller from hearing the ringing?

I'm setting up the transfer like this -

this.blindTransferActivity1.CalledParty = new SipUriTelephonyAddress(new SipUri(SipUriScheme.Sip, "2222", "192.168.2.3", 0, "transport=tcp;foo=Marshall;ICMid=0001;NextApp=111"));

Monday, July 23, 2007 4:27 PM

Answers

• When you blind transfer, you are relinquishing control of the call.

So the 'hear no ringing' problem must be solved externally, by the transfer-to party (or gateway/pbx).

• Can the '2222@192.168.2.3' party be made into an ACD queue (with no ringback)?
    • Can the gateway, (192.168.2.3), be configured for no ringback?
    • Have you considered using a supervised transfer instead (hang on to the call until the consult answers, and then transfer)?

karl

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 6:28 PM

All replies

• When you blind transfer, you are relinquishing control of the call.

So the 'hear no ringing' problem must be solved externally, by the transfer-to party (or gateway/pbx).

• Can the '2222@192.168.2.3' party be made into an ACD queue (with no ringback)?
    • Can the gateway, (192.168.2.3), be configured for no ringback?
    • Have you considered using a supervised transfer instead (hang on to the call until the consult answers, and then transfer)?

karl

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 6:28 PM
  • The client specs call for using the blind transfer. I haven't been able to get that changed.
    Wednesday, July 25, 2007 7:29 PM
  • Hi Marshall,

Can you let us know the status of your issue?

Monday, August 13, 2007 7:01 PM
  • Ended up basically getting acceptance from client that ringing will be OK.

Monday, August 13, 2007 7:20 PM