Cannot stay signed in to Windows Live RRS feed

• Question

• I have my.msn selected as my default homepage in internet options. When i click on my Internet Explorer icon on main page it takes me to windows live sign in page instead of my msn homepage. After I sign in to windows live it takes me to my msn homepage. How do I configure settings such that when I click on main page internet explorer icon it takes me to my msn homepage instead of widows live sign in page. Is there any way to stay signed in to windows live all the time even when i exit.  Help please would be appreciated.  Tim from Texas.
    Thursday, July 2, 2009 3:18 PM

Answers

• Hi Tim,

The behavior you're describing is expected.  The MyMSN page requires users to be logged in to see their customizations, so if you have the page set as your homepage, the first time you visit the site during a browsing session, you will be required to login (thus the Windows Live ID login page).   For now, we do not have the "remember me" option available directly through MyMSN.  

The "Live ID Sign-in Assistant" - a small add-on that is bundled with Windows Live Essentials or the MSN Toolbar - is a tool that will enable an auto sign-in option.  If you don't want to install these products, there is a standalone Beta version of the Sign-in Assistant available here.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason Garza, Program Manager
    Tuesday, July 7, 2009 6:38 PM