none
com exeption RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I have the following problem with a wacom tablet with the following message:

An unhandled exception or type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException' occurred in DemoButtons.exe

Additional information: Fetching the COM classfactory for the component with CLSID {2000D7A5-64F7-4826-B56E-85ACC618E4D6} failed due to the following error: 80040154.

The DLL that generates the exeption is interop.wggssSTU.dll

The code (is from wacom example)

private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
          wgssSTU.UsbDevices usbDevices = new wgssSTU.UsbDevices(); //error

Greetings Rinaldo

Greetings from Amsterdam the Netherlands

• Moved by Fei Hu Wednesday, March 14, 2018 10:34 AM Moved from C#
    Wednesday, March 7, 2018 7:58 PM

All replies

• The error means that COM component is not installed or incompletely installed or has an error.

Depending on the device involved: Reinstall it or run a repair installations.

Thursday, March 8, 2018 9:25 AM
  • Thank you for your answer Stefan, and now the error is clear. I tried to register via regsrv32 but get the message DLLentry not found. I can not reinstall it because the setup is suitable for Vista and not windows 10. I have searched the internet and have the wacom drivers removed and installed for windows 10 but the relevant DLL is not included and is not registered

Maybe there is a forum for wacom development but I have not found them (yet).

Greetings from Amsterdam the Netherlands

Thursday, March 8, 2018 9:49 AM
  • Hi Rinaldo1961,

According to your question is more related to third party libraries, you need to consult related forum for better support.
    If you have some grammar or code errors in using C#, please feel free to contact us. We will try our best to give you a solution.

Best Regards,

Neil Hu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 10:33 AM
  • Fei Hu, I disagree.

While the actual problem is raised by external libraries, this kind of error can also happen with e.g. Excel automation. It is a problem which can happen with COM+ interop.

Thus it should be not moved to OT.

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 11:03 AM