none
VS2005 MSI project looses bootstrapper settings during build process RRS feed

• Question

• We're using VS2005, framework 2.0. On my development machine I'm setting bootstrapper prerequisites for the MSI project (Win installer 3.1, Framework 2.0, MDAC 2.8, etc.). If I build locally everything works and the bootstrapper EXE correctly detects and loads the selected packages. If I check-in the MSI project and trigger a build on our automated build server, it makes a slight change to the project file (see attached) and does not generate a bootstrapper (the EXE exists but no packages are loaded).

All the build process is supposed to do is update the version # and product code in the MSI. I included a diff showing how it changes the references to the bootstrapper packages. I have the same files on both machines under C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\Bootstrapper\Packages. I've set the prerequisites for all configurations (debug+release).

When I get latest on the project (after automated build) and check the prerequisites on my development PC, it shows all the bootstrapper packages are unselected. Does anyone know why VS clears these settings?

A screenshot of the changes made during the automated build is available here:

http://web.simssoftware.com/ftp/bootstrapper_compare.png
    • Moved by Figo Fei Monday, June 16, 2008 8:27 AM redirect
    Friday, June 13, 2008 8:26 PM

Answers

All replies