Edit basic conference information RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

is it possible to edit the basic conference information?

Some examples that I would like to change:

• Pervasive Computing is mostly called "Pervasive" and should include "Human-Computer Interaction" as "Interests"
    • The "European Symposium on Ambient Intelligence" (AmI) has been renamed "European Conference on Ambient Intelligence", and then "International Joint Conference on Ambient Intelligence" (integrating the AmI.D conference "Ambient Intelligence Developments)

If it is not possible to edit this information, I would like to suggest that this is integrated. Each edit could be reviewed by an administrator or by other users before being published.

Actually, the second example shows that it would also be very helpful if conference series could reflect their history (another example is the "Ubicomp" conference). It is very common that conferences are renamed or joined, but there may also be other things happening. Academic Search should also support this, i.e. that each conference keeps its name while the conference series may evolve. (This actually calls for a separation of conference series and individual conferences, at least for some aspects.)

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan

Friday, October 21, 2011 11:34 AM

Answers

• hi, Jonathan,

thank you for your feedback, right now we don't support user directly editing basic info of conferences.  We will take your feedback into consideration and make necessary changes.

we did receive a couple of feedback regarding join/separate conferences, especially for the ones with long histories.  What we can do right now is to link our entries to their respective homepages, and hope the owner of the conferences can explain the history and other changes.

thanks.

-xin

Academic Search team.

• Marked as answer by jingfz Wednesday, December 21, 2011 8:13 AM
    Sunday, October 23, 2011 7:50 AM

All replies