WHS Console Problems RRS feed

• Question

• Looking for help! I've got WHS PP1 OEM installed on a Dell 600sc server with 6 clients. Clients cannot access the WHS console remotely, and I get the blue screen and a message that I am not connected to the server. When launching the console locally on the server, I get a quick "splash" view of the console and it disappears. When I tried to repair the WHS Console in add/revmove programs, I get the message that "WHSProgramLauncher12.msi" is missing (path is in C drive). All 5 system drives show healthy in Device Mgr. and I have searched all drives for the missing file.

I can access all shares on the server and all server health indicators on clients are green. I'd like to reinstall/repair the WHS console without an OS reload. Everything appears fine except I have no access to the WHS console. I've removed all add-ins thinking one of these may be causing the problem. No luck.

I was part of the initial beta testing and have done numerous installs over that period. There have been no hardware or software changes of consequence over this period. I recently had to resore a PC and it went flawlessly with the exception of the loss of console access both locally and remotely. Any ideas?
    srr
    Saturday, February 28, 2009 6:27 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As the Console is an integral part of the WHS section of the Install, I would be very suprised if you could do an individual repair with full confidence.
    Personally, I would do a re-install which is relatively straightforward - apart from the pointer rebuild time - to ensure it's done correctly.

Colin

If anyone answers your query successfully, please mark it as 'Helpful', to guide other users.
    Saturday, February 28, 2009 6:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

As the Console is an integral part of the WHS section of the Install, I would be very suprised if you could do an individual repair with full confidence.
    Personally, I would do a re-install which is relatively straightforward - apart from the pointer rebuild time - to ensure it's done correctly.

Colin

If anyone answers your query successfully, please mark it as 'Helpful', to guide other users.
    Saturday, February 28, 2009 6:39 PM
  • I think you are right. I'll give it a try...thanks
    srr
    Saturday, February 28, 2009 8:47 PM