Calls from outside and extension digits RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I hope somebody can help me out. I recentley installed OCS 2007 togheter with Dialogic SIPcontrol with Mediation server on the same machine. Outbound calls works great but I can't really understand how the outside calls get routed to the right user. We have a T1/E1 connection with the phone numbers

+46 21 470 59 00 to +46 470 59 99 (99-numbers)

The Mediation logs shows that  only the last three digits are collected, eg. 900 when somebody calls +46 21 470 59 00. My number is +46704212050.

TL_ERROR(TF_PROTOCOL) [1]09B0.1A7C::09/19/2007-16:07:36.210.00000065 (MediationServer,ProxyCall.ProxyParticipateComplete:343.idx(1503))( 006CF792 )$$START-MEDIATIONSERVER

MediationCall: d31f6a6f7f7f47fcad11b17dd3b5842b

CallId: 5c860085-5213-428f-bf05-e7eb4458b709

To: sip:900;phone-context=SampleLocation@ad.jensofsweden.com;user=phone

Direction: Inbound

Start-Line: FailureResponseException: ResponseCode=404 ResponseText=Not Found

DiagnosticInformation=ErrorCode=1003,Source=srv03.ad.jensofsweden.com,Reason=User does not exist

Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.DiagnosticHeader

Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.FailureResponseException: The requested operation failed.

at Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.SipAsyncResult.ThrowIfFailed()

at Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.Helper.EndAsyncOperation[T](Object owner, IAsyncResult asyncResult)

at Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.Helper.EndAsyncOperation[T](Object owner, IAsyncResult asyncResult, String operationId)

at Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.SignalingSession.EndEnter(SipInviteAsyncResultWrapper asyncWrapper)

at Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.SignalingSession.EndParticipate(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

at Microsoft.RTC.MediationServerCore.ProxyCall.ProxyParticipateComplete(IAsyncResult ar)

$$END-MEDIATIONSERVER

Of course the user is not found. I then went over to think how the translations is done and it seems it's done in address book ? Am I correct ? The adress book wont get generated because it complaints about the numbers not being normalized in E.164. But I can't write the numbers in E.164 because I assume they will not work because the "last three digits" are only collected and a match can't be done.

So my questions are:

Are the translation for incoming call done in the adress book ?

If yes - how can I add the short three-digit number and get the adress book to syncronize ?

If no - where do I configure these numbers ?

B.rgd

Jens

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 6:02 PM

All replies

• I didn't see any mention of a PBX, so I'll assume that you're using OCS as one.  The sip uri in the To: line (900 in this case) needs to match what's in the Line URI (Configure button of the Communications tab of a given user).  All numbers must be in E.164 format.  The user's line URI would be tel:+900, and the inbound call must be to sip:+900;phone-context...

The normalization (translation) is done under the Voice Properties at the forest level in the OCS admin console.  You have to make sure that the Dialogic is sending the right info to OCS and that your OCS routes are set up properly.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 6:12 PM
  • Correct, the SIPcontrol software controls the Diva E1/T1 board directly against the connection to the operator (no PBX). I added the URI: tel: +462147059XX, where XX is the extension.

There is no way to use the rules in OCS to modify incoming notified call ? so I get the full number. I always get the number calling (my mobile phone) in full E.164 but the extension number is only reported with three digits.

Thanks !

B.rgd

Jens

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 6:21 PM
  • Yes, you can use the normalization rules to modify the incoming call.  I wasn't clear which format you wanted the numbers.  The bottom line is that the Line URI nust match the SIP to: address for imbound calls to work properly.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 7:08 PM