none
Someone please suggest me about oganize system design of my company RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am newbie  

I am a programmer , My company work around ERP system , I am dealing with Purchase and Account project  My probleam are

1. My work Always late ,  my work have to fix many , many time because i have to rethinking what i have done , Is writing flow diagram  can fix this  But I have read that Writing flow will scope my mind to thinking

2.Now , my way of thinking always opposite to my senior project , Because i always care about BigO , Formula , calculation and the the correctly tool in my function   for example 1 function have dataset with datable when i need to search  or get something , the way i have done is i will correct all way which can search  or get   datatable (Sometime to know ) I know  how to do but i am not sure that this is the best way , i will test all data correction before i use them . BUT i team always think about interface , data correcting and

3. 2 code can work perfectly but i prefer to use 2 code because i think less connection will always better , the problem is i have to take a lot of time and the risk of  bug increase.

Is my way of thinking wrong ?

Saturday, October 26, 2013 1:50 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I am terribly sorry but I can't understand most of your question; I'm afraid that your usage of English is too much of a barrier. However, the first point seems to be clear: you need to fix your code a lot of times and rethink what you have done, and you are asking whether a flow diagram can fix this.

If you are a complete newbie, then yes, a flow diagram can help you get in the proper frame of mind to better understand what you are doing. However, as you become more proficient, you will find that in practice you almost never need to draw any flow diagram. The reason is that modern styles of programming encourage you to write very small units of code, where each of them is basically linear, maybe with a single loop or perhaps one or two conditional statements (which may, in turn, call additional units). In this context, a "unit" is a minimal fragment of code such as a method or a property. You will typically add a unit testing project to your solution, which tests the individual units separately so that errors are caught before they accumulate at a higher level. Each of the units is simple enough that you understand it at first sight, and therefore flow diagrams become superfluous.

Modern development tools such as Visual Studio Ultimate can examine your code and provide you with a measure that is called "cyclomatic complexity". Grossly speaking, cyclomatic complexity is basically a measure of the number of paths of execution within a unit of code. Ideally, you should try to keep cyclomatic complexity low. A value that you see frequently mentioned is 10. If your cyclomatic complexity is greater that that, you should break your code into smaller pieces. If you keep your cyclomatic complexity sufficiently low, then your code should be straightforward enough to understand it without the need for a flow diagram.

Saturday, October 26, 2013 6:54 PM