SQL Server 2005 can't remove the publication - error: (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 18483) RRS feed

• Question

• <!-- [if gte mso 10]> <mce:style> Hi all,

I have a problem with the replication in place in my company.

the context:

1. 2 servers in a private dmz accessible from the Internet, no domain, so no windows authentification, only SQL authentification.
    2. SQL Server 2005 SP3 - build 9.00.4053.00 - on win 2003 SP2 running on both server with transactional replication.

the problem:

1- for some reason, the replication didn't work anymore, here was the error: connection failed for user <MyUser>

the user was correct and we didn't change the password.

2- So I change the security context and the user in the linked server repl_distributor properties in both server. Now, the problem is that the replication got the error:The process could not execute 'sp_repldone/sp_replcounters' on <Distributor/subscriber>.

so, I tried to remove the publication, but I got through this error:

Could not connect to server <distributor/subscriber> because <MyUser> is not defined as a remote login at the server. Verify that you have specified the correct login name. .

I can't remove the linked server either:

Cannot drop server 'repl_distributor' because it is used as a Distributor in replication. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 20581)

has anyone encountered this problem? any suggestion on how to resolve this issue would be much appreiate.

thanks for your help

Nandini

Nandini
    Thursday, December 9, 2010 7:40 AM

Answers

• Dear Customer,

I'm very sorry you have a wrong place posted. Your issue was not appears to be a relate "Fix it Center".Since your issue is related to "SQL Server 2005 SP3 - build 9.00.4053.00". So I suggest you post your issue to a correct forum, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well. Thanks for your understanding!  

If I misunderstood you,please let me know.

Please Mark as Answered If this is helpful Or Un-Mark as Answered if it is not helpful.

Best Regards,
    Yan Jun

• Marked as answer by Fafafaalex Thursday, December 9, 2010 8:07 AM
    Thursday, December 9, 2010 8:00 AM

All replies

• Dear Customer,

I'm very sorry you have a wrong place posted. Your issue was not appears to be a relate "Fix it Center".Since your issue is related to "SQL Server 2005 SP3 - build 9.00.4053.00". So I suggest you post your issue to a correct forum, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well. Thanks for your understanding!  

If I misunderstood you,please let me know.

Please Mark as Answered If this is helpful Or Un-Mark as Answered if it is not helpful.

Best Regards,
    Yan Jun

• Marked as answer by Fafafaalex Thursday, December 9, 2010 8:07 AM
    Thursday, December 9, 2010 8:00 AM
  • Sorry about that, and thanks for your advice!

Nandini
    Thursday, December 9, 2010 8:16 AM