compile C++ for Android with Visual Studio RRS feed

• Question

• I’d just like to ask a general question please. Did anyone ever get Visual Studio to create a C++ program and then get it compile it for Android?

I have been at this for days and it just doesn’t seem to work. I have done everything recommended by various websites. I have done the Windows Update, Disabled my Anti-Virus, Re_run SDK installer as Admin. I can run Android Studio and create a Java Program and that compiles and runs so there doesn’t seem to be anything wrong with my SDK.

The versions I have installed are;

JDK

jdk-14_windows-x64_bin.exe

NDK

android-ndk-r21-windows-x86_64.zip

SDK

wnsdksetup_4171233914.exe

When I try to do a build with the above combination installed I get this error;

[taskdef] Could not load definitions from resource emma_ant.properties. it could not be found.

This is a project which I have created with Visual studio. I have put absolutely no code into it and it fails to compile.

Is there some particular combination of versions of JDK, NDK and SDK that I should be installing?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Peadar, Dublin, Ireland 07 04 2020.

Wednesday, April 8, 2020 10:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here.

This forum is used to discuss and ask questions about the Visual C++ IDE, libraries, samples, tools, setup, and Windows programming using MFC and ATL.. According to your issue , I suggest you should ask it in the Android related forum. And this thread will be moved to Off-Topic Posts.

Best Regards,

Jeanine Zhang

Thursday, April 9, 2020 3:00 AM
  • Thank you Jeanne,

I'm sorry for posting this question in the wrong forum. There is no forum called "Android". What is the Android forum called please?.

Thank you again Jeanne.

Peadar
    Thursday, April 9, 2020 7:36 AM