Canon .CR2 Raw format support RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to configure HomeServer (vail)  to support raw photo format's like Canon's CR2 ?

Monday, September 13, 2010 4:30 PM

Answers

• No, or at least not in the sense you probably mean. There's a product suggestion here to allow the installation of additional codecs.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, September 13, 2010 5:01 PM

All replies

• No, or at least not in the sense you probably mean. There's a product suggestion here to allow the installation of additional codecs.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, September 13, 2010 5:01 PM
  • Since Canon not even bothers to provide a 64 Bit aware codec for CR2 format as far as I know, the only chance to get that format supported at all would be software from other providers, i.e. Fast Image Viewer. But even with that viewer installed I doubt, that there is a chance to integrate the functionality in Vail. On client side Media Center in Windows 7 is capable to show CR2 images, if an appropriate codec is installed.
    For remote viewers the size of CR2 would be overhelming for the bandwidth given in most scenarios, therefore a local conversion on server side would be the only method to allow viewing in a quick manner. I agree this is a feature on my wishlist as well, since I store the most of my pictures in that format.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Monday, September 13, 2010 6:17 PM