Can't reinstall live one care RRS feed

• Question

• I ws asked to reinstall one care because the error message said it was having communicnating with other computrers in my circle. I uninstalled one care, and I cannot reinstall. The clean up scan locks on "initializing" for 30 minutes, so when I get out of that I tried to reinstall. I receive error message 044-80070643. I am running Vista on this computer. My computer is completely naked to virus potection and firewall. I turned it off until you give me an answer.
    Please tell me what to do.
    John2044
    Wednesday, August 20, 2008 2:32 PM

Answers

• The 044 error typically means that part of OneCare is not removed from the PC following the uninstall, hence the need for the cleanup tool. However, since you can't get the cleanup tool working, you will probably need to contact support for help with resolving whatever is preventing it from running and getting the last traces of OneCare from the PC and then reinstalling. Since you mention you have a Circle, follow the instructions for contacting support on a PC that OneCare resides on and is activated so that you will get all support options as a subscriber.  

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 2:44 PM