Access to CRM RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am from France, working in a business where we installed the CRM. Everything is working fine.

I just created a dashboard for the different managers (using a personnalized view).

I then shared it with those person with the read and write privileges.

When they want to access the personnalized view, they can only see one graph from 3 available.

Here is the translation of what I get on the graph they cannot see "You do not have enough privileges to access this object ...".

I checked the access rights but can't see where the problem is coming from. On my account I see everything as I've got administrator rights.

If someone can give me some advices, I would appreciate.

Thanks

Thursday, June 7, 2012 6:56 AM

Answers

• OK. I found the way to get it done, finally but could not have it done without your direction.

In fact each chart was Shared but I had to get onto the small button on the right of the chart stating (translation done by myself :)) "Show the record used to generate this graph". And then I shared it at that level and not where I did it earlier which was on my personnalized created view.

I also followed this :

http://community.dynamics.com/product/crm/crmtechnical/b/xrm/archive/2012/02/20/sharing-charts-in-crm-online.aspx

• Marked as answer by manuUSA Thursday, June 7, 2012 1:58 PM
    Thursday, June 7, 2012 12:29 PM

All replies

• Hi

If the charts(graphs) in your dashboard are your personal charts, then check they are also shared with the user who need to view the dashboard.

Hope this helps.
    Thursday, June 7, 2012 7:17 AM
  • Hello,

Thanks for your fast reply.

I shared the dashboard and checked also each individual chart which ones are also shared. I tested again with the users account on the domain but I am still getting the same thing. Not enough privileges.

Thursday, June 7, 2012 7:45 AM
  • You need to make sure that the users that want to view the data also have access to the entities that the graph uses. Is this the case?

Try making a new user with the same role as the user that has the problems. If you have the same problem with that user you can try adjusting the security role. Most of the time it's because the user doesn't have enough privileges on the entities used to create the graph.

Thursday, June 7, 2012 8:41 AM
  • Thank you for your assistance.

Well... I checked the differents privileges... but still having the same problem; the chart won't show up on the other user interface. I must be missing something somewhere + the documentation I am using is the english version though I am using the CRM in French :)

?????? Still looking... the chart are shared properly, some of them (the CRM ones) are showing up but not the customed ones I created ?

Thursday, June 7, 2012 11:50 AM
  • OK. I found the way to get it done, finally but could not have it done without your direction.

In fact each chart was Shared but I had to get onto the small button on the right of the chart stating (translation done by myself :)) "Show the record used to generate this graph". And then I shared it at that level and not where I did it earlier which was on my personnalized created view.

I also followed this :

http://community.dynamics.com/product/crm/crmtechnical/b/xrm/archive/2012/02/20/sharing-charts-in-crm-online.aspx

• Marked as answer by manuUSA Thursday, June 7, 2012 1:58 PM
    Thursday, June 7, 2012 12:29 PM