none
Does Richcopy work with Windows 10 any flavor?

Question

• Hello Community,

Would like to hear from anyone whom has tried to use Richcopy with Win 10 latest retail release and any problems you have had.

I wanted to use the app to make backup file copies from a local storage drive to an Linux NAS box.  Had to install .NET 3.5 to get the app installed.  That went fine, app ran as expected however after copy task completed (and I know it actually did copy the data) the data copied was not visible in Windows File Explorer.

I am confident the task ran and completed as I watched the data run across my network in a task manager view and watched drive activity lights on the source machine and the NAS flicker as the copy ran but when viewing the destination folder the copied data is not seen.  I took the time to look through all user folders on the NAS as well as the majority of the NAS system folders including root but cannot find the copied data.  I double checked that the destination I had entered was the correct one and confirmed that it was.

Is there any possibility that the metadata for the copy was not recorded so therefore the data was written but cannot be located or seen in an explorer view? 

In my 30+ years of computing this is the first time I have ever encountered such an issue.  Hopefully someone here can shed some light on the matter.

Anyone here have any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Tuesday, January 05, 2016 3:11 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Monday, January 04, 2016 10:58 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

The TechNet Wiki Discussion Forum is a place for the TechNet Wiki Community to engage, question, organize, debate, help, influence and foster the TechNet Wiki content, platform and Community.

Please note that this forum exists to discuss TechNet Wiki as a technology/application.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, January 05, 2016 3:10 PM
  • Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 10 IT Pro forums.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, January 05, 2016 3:10 PM