Resolving File Conflicts can't remove drive HPMediaSmart Server RRS feed

• Question

• I have a drive which is giving me trouble.  Sometimes it shows as being unhealthy. I rest my HPMediaSmart Server and the drive then shows healthy other times it shows as being missing.  With all this said it was recomended to remove the drive because it is giving trouble.  I have plenty of room to carry this out in accordance with the Wizard.

However, when I try to do this I then get a failure due to file conflicts.  The message is:
    Conflict: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error
    Name: Folder

None of this makes sense.  I then try and go to the link which is to provide a How To to remove conflicts and I get a page which says signin, but the page is blank and there is no place to sign in.

What gives here?  Can anybody make suggestions on how to resolve this conflict without being a programing genius or provide a link to MS or HPMediaSmart folks who can help walk through the solution.

Until I can resolve the issue I am unable to do any backups.  My server was running flawlessly until a week and a half ago when I started getting the conflict and unable to do backup messages.

Many thanks in advance.
    Friday, July 17, 2009 2:19 AM

Answers

• I have a drive which is giving me trouble.  Sometimes it shows as being unhealthy. I rest my HPMediaSmart Server and the drive then shows healthy other times it shows as being missing.  With all this said it was recomended to remove the drive because it is giving trouble.  I have plenty of room to carry this out in accordance with the Wizard.

However, when I try to do this I then get a failure due to file conflicts.  The message is:
    Conflict: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error
    Name: Folder

None of this makes sense.  I then try and go to the link which is to provide a How To to remove conflicts and I get a page which says signin, but the page is blank and there is no place to sign in.

What gives here?  Can anybody make suggestions on how to resolve this conflict without being a programing genius or provide a link to MS or HPMediaSmart folks who can help walk through the solution.

Until I can resolve the issue I am unable to do any backups.  My server was running flawlessly until a week and a half ago when I started getting the conflict and unable to do backup messages.

Many thanks in advance.
    You might have to treat the drive as a failed (missing) drive.  Shut down the server, pull the failing drive out of the server, then power the server back up and remove the drive through the Console.  Since the drive will now show as "missing", it should allow you to remove it through the Console.  At this point, if you have all of your shares enabled with Folder Duplication, it should automatically make a pass and start duplicating any necessary files.  If however, you didn't have Folder Duplication enabled on all shares, you might need to connect that drive to one of your clients and copy as much data as possible off of it, then copy it back to the server through the network.
    Friday, July 17, 2009 4:01 AM