Get and Set Environmental Variable RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am Renu Kumari Sharma.

I am working on a project in our company that requires o edit the value of user variables under environment variables dialog.

I uses SetEnvironmentVariable() API and GetEnvironmentVariable() API to set and get the value respectively in my project which uses VC++ setting in VS2010 with service pack 1 ( valid license ).

below are my list of question and doubts:

1. When I debug using visual studio2010 I get the value properly whatever I am seting using SetEnvironmentVariable() but the user variables under environment variables dialog changes are not shown. ( the problem doesnot end here )

2. When I run my executable ( double click ) the executable wokrs with the value which is set under environment variables dialog and not which is set by APIs. I want my executable to run with the value which i set or I want APIs which set the value simlutaneously in environment variables dialog also and solves the issue.

Is there a way out?

Thursday, October 3, 2013 9:22 AM

Answers

• Renu,

Sorry but you have posted to a forum that deals exclusively with question/issues about customizing and programming Microsoft Project, a planning and scheduling application. I suggest you delete this post and find a forum that deals with C++. Failing that, start with this forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/projectserver/en-US/home?forum=whatforum

John

• Marked as answer by Renu K Sharma Friday, April 11, 2014 5:26 AM
    Thursday, October 3, 2013 3:09 PM