MS CRM 2011 CrmUnzipService services stopped RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

Today I found CRM not working, when I check Eventlog I found CrmUnzipService is stopped and I try to start it is not starting.

Error Details below

Application Error

Faulting application name: CrmUnzipService.exe, version: 5.0.9690.3911, time stamp: 0x52d886f3
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18229, time stamp: 0x51fb1677
    Exception code: 0xe0434352
    Fault offset: 0x000000000000940d
    Faulting process id: 0x15d8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cf5ed750c5c632
    Faulting application path: C:\PROGRA~1\MI818C~1\Tools\CrmUnzipService.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: 9228161f-caca-11e3-ba76-f04da2f5f23e

.net Runtime Error

Application: CrmUnzipService.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
    Stack:
       at Microsoft.Crm.Unzip.UnzipService.OnStartInternal(System.Object)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
       at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
       at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

Please advice.

Kiran.

Monday, April 28, 2014 7:57 AM

All replies

• Hi M2012,

Was it running earlier?

Are you using different accounts for different services (Async, Sandbox, Monitoring, etc.)? If you're, can you check if the CrmUnzipService is running under the Account that is assigned to CRM Application Service?

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

Monday, April 28, 2014 12:29 PM
  • Hi there,

This is first time. All the services running under Network Services. When I forcefully starts it giving below error (CrmUnzipService.exe from crm folder)

---------------------------
    Windows Service Start Failure
    Cannot start service from the command line or a debugger.  A Windows Service must first be installed (using installutil.exe) and then started with the ServerExplorer, Windows Services Administrative tool or the NET START command.
    OK   

Please advice.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 7:19 AM
  • Hi M2012,

It appears the CrmUnzipService was not properly installed during the CRM Server setup. Did you receive any errors/warnings while installing the CRM Server?

Anything in the event viewer?

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 11:35 AM