locked
Campaign Responses - Automatic Import not working well RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi

    When I import Campaign Responses automatically, the import fails on half of the records, with the message that "A duplicate look up reference was found". This concerns the Account name (we have several cases where the account name is the same and what differentiate the accounts with the same name is just field with the account number. So when importing the responses it does not recognise exactly which account it is).

    How can I solve this. Can I change the import job somehow, in order that it looks at other Account fields or criteria as well and not only at the Account name ?

    Thanks 

    Wednesday, April 3, 2013 8:00 AM

Answers

  • remove account name from account column and put corresponding GUID for account, no need to add an extra column.

    Hope this helps. If you get answer of your question, please mark the response as an answer and vote as helpful !
    Vikram !


    • Edited by _Vikram Wednesday, April 3, 2013 8:57 AM
    • Marked as answer by Silvia Baldissera Wednesday, April 3, 2013 9:09 AM
    Wednesday, April 3, 2013 8:55 AM

All replies

  • Hi,

    for duplicate account records you have to write account GUID instead of account name in CSV or XML template.


    Hope this helps. If you get answer of your question, please mark the response as an answer and vote as helpful !
    Vikram !

    Wednesday, April 3, 2013 8:16 AM
  • Check for duplicate detection for account, if there is any with condition for name disable it and then try.

    Contact Me
    Follow me on Twitter
    My Facebook Page
    Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

    Wednesday, April 3, 2013 8:17 AM
    Moderator
  • Not sure to understand how to do it. Does it mean that in the CSV import template, in the Account Name column, do I have to enter the account GUID instead of the account name? Or do I leave the account name in that column, and add an extra column with the account guid.

    Thanks! 

    Wednesday, April 3, 2013 8:49 AM
  • remove account name from account column and put corresponding GUID for account, no need to add an extra column.

    Hope this helps. If you get answer of your question, please mark the response as an answer and vote as helpful !
    Vikram !


    • Edited by _Vikram Wednesday, April 3, 2013 8:57 AM
    • Marked as answer by Silvia Baldissera Wednesday, April 3, 2013 9:09 AM
    Wednesday, April 3, 2013 8:55 AM
  • what you could also try during import in account lookup select account number instead of name.

    Here is reference for you: http://exploringxrm.wordpress.com/2012/05/08/resolving-duplicate-lookup-references-in-import-process/


    Contact Me
    Follow me on Twitter
    My Facebook Page
    Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.


    Wednesday, April 3, 2013 9:05 AM
    Moderator
  • Thanks so much. I tried and it solves my problem perfectly. Thanks again.
    Wednesday, April 3, 2013 9:09 AM