deploying ocs in a 100 branch offices RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,please this is urgent i need an architecture for the deployment of ocs for 10000 users spread across a hundred branches i have a good working Wan link wch connects all my branches,

the problem is iwas told that i need to deploy OCS servers in all these branches and i dont agree with that.

can someone give me an architecture which matrches my deployment requirement am doing enterprise voice, IM , Video audio and we conferencing

Please it is urgent i need this like yestarday.

thank you

Wednesday, August 6, 2008 4:36 PM

All replies

• You haven't shared enough info to determine whether you will need OCS servers in all 100 locations, but I will say that it would be highly unusual if you did.  IM & presence can easily be centralized, but if you will be using audio or video conferencing then you have to be concerned about bandwidth and latency relative to the active audio/video user base that you are expecting.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008 8:54 PM
  • No you don't need to implement OCS in 100 locations.

Normal Audio & Video Calls are Peer to Peer so clients connect directly to each other

This behavior changes when doing Conferences (so this must be evaluated)

You should however maybe install Mediation Servers and Gateways in remote offices depending on how many countries you are talking about to integrate with current PBX centrales (but that is a bit hard to say without knowing your situation)

Quality of Experience server will collect quality of Audio & Video calls and show what the quality actually is, then you can progress with appropriate actions (typically you do this in pilot phase and in production phase)

Wednesday, August 6, 2008 10:03 PM