Timesheet task level 1 of project RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I build a Test project thans to msproject, and I put my name as ressource on numbers of tasks. 

I already publish my project and when I want to build my timesheet, I have only acces to the first level of the project and not on the assigned tasks in the project. 

How configurate project PWA?

Friday, November 6, 2020 4:40 PM

All replies

• pollart_H --

Log into Project Web App with administrator permissions.  In the upper-right corner of the page, click the Settings button (it looks like a gear wheel) and select the PWA Settings item on the menu.  In the Time and Task Management section of the PWA Settings page, click the Timesheet Settings and Default link.  In the Default Timesheet Creation section of the page, select the Current Task Assignments option and then click the Save button.  You will need to open and republish the project in question.  You will probably also need to DELETE the timesheet you created and then recreate it.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, November 6, 2020 6:25 PM
  • Thanks Dale for the answer.

Unfortunatly I have always the same problem. And when I try to select in the timesheet add a ligne I haven't my tasks' list (I have it in the Task section) nad in the right work week.

I don't understand

Thanks for help

Regards,

HP

Friday, November 6, 2020 6:59 PM
  • pollart_H --

Well, did you follow the steps in my last reply?  Please let us know and we will try to help you.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Sunday, November 8, 2020 4:34 PM
  • Hi

Yes I already did it Friday to be sure.

Regards

HP

Sunday, November 8, 2020 4:58 PM
  • pollart_H --

When you say "Yes, I already did it...", did you do EVERYTHING I said, and in the order I indicated?  Did you change the Timesheet Settings and Default option first?  And then did you open and republish the project in Microsoft Project?  And then did you navigate to the Manage Timesheets page, delete the timesheet in question, and then recreate it?  The order of the steps is very important, as are the exact steps themselves.  Please let us know and we will try to help you.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, November 9, 2020 12:07 AM
  • Hi Dale

Yes I did it and followed your procedure : 

1. Log into Project Web App with administrator permissions - ok
    2. In the upper-right corner of the page, click the Settings button - ok
    3. Select the PWA Settings item on the menu - ok
    4. In the Time and Task Management section of the PWA Settings page, click the Timesheet Settings and Default link - ok
    5. In the Default Timesheet Creation section of the page, select the Current Task Assignments option - ok
    6. Click the Save button - ok
    7. Open and republish the project in question - ok
    8. May be : DELETE the created  timesheet and recreate it

In addition : I deleted all the previous projects and timesheets. I created a new TEST1 project with some tasks where I'm the ressource.

After I create a new timesheet, the task 1.1 from the TEST1 project which is attribuated to me during the timesheet period is not accessible. I always the task : First level of the TEST1 project.

Regards

HP

Friday, December 4, 2020 11:18 AM
  • HP --

You have to delete the Timesheets on the Manage Timesheets page.  Is that where you deleted them?  If not delete the Timesheet there and recreate a timesheet for the period in which you are assigned tasks.  Let us know if this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, December 4, 2020 2:08 PM
  • Hi

I went in the Timesheet managment page and delete all the timesheet.

I went in the Delete the compagnie object page and deleted all the timesheet

I went in the timesheet period page and deleted all the Timesheets

I recreated all the Timesheets in this timesheet period page.

I published the TEST project.

I have the same problem.

Regards,

HP

Friday, December 4, 2020 3:00 PM
  • pollart_H --

I have absolutely no idea what timesheet data you are deleting. All I asked you to do is to delete the Timesheet in question on the Manage Timesheets page.

Out of curiosity, are you a resource in your organization's Enterprise Resource Pool?  When you created your sample project, did you use the Build Team dialog to build your project team, and select your name in the dialog?  Or did you manually type your name in the Resource Sheet view of your project?

Frankly, I am running out of ideas since I cannot figure out what you are doing with your Project Online system.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, December 4, 2020 7:42 PM
  • Thank you

Unfortunatly I will switch to another solution for my compagny

Regards

HP

Monday, December 7, 2020 12:58 PM