none
Re: Problem with Genuine Validation RRS feed

• Question

• Yup, me too as problem,  When Sony's Laptop have trouble.  I backup to external Hard disk completed.  Then I erased laptop's hard disk and put in Sony's Recovery CD by factory.  That CD was Windows XP Home Edition SP1.  When it installed completed.  I put activation sent was successfully. 

Then I put "Upgrade to Windows XP Professional SP1a" CD with Product ID Label from retail box.  Until installed done, Then I click Activation Sent was successfully. 

Then I get download a patch updates from Microsoft.   Popup the "Genuines Activation" installation, I click to accept to installed.  Few minutes   Update Patch want to restart the laptop.   I click Accept.   Few minutes,  Activation came message require to Activation Code.  I realise that what doing on.   I can't get network (but network still active online with broadband router)   Absolute crazy..... I click the telephone show the nine of 6 digits.  I rang to Activation Team gave to me a Confirmed ID  were successfully say "Thank you for Activation Key"  then close the Activation and start login....

But  popup the error message "Error preventing Windows from accurately checking the license for this computer error code 0x8004050a".    I try click ok and resume again ask Activation Phone again.  I rang again...  Third time to me make sick this again !!!

Resume a same problem,  I think Genuines Activation is  !!!  Which last since two activation were successful, before Genuines Activation doing bad things.

What do I fix this   (notes - I can't get "Safe Mode" cause the activation told to normal operator need activation require.  All blocked for us. 

a Genuine Activation is serious problem.   I think many people hate a "Activation",  If business can't get access to the business network.  It's very urgent working, but breakdown cause ask activation key need.

Monday, May 28, 2007 6:44 AM

Answers

• Well, after contacting microsoft by email I could not resolve this problem.  It says my license is "invalid" but I know it is valid.  I bought the program from Wal-Mart a few months ago.  I decided to buy another license for the meantime and everything is working now for the new key.  I will try my old key later, in a few months and if it fails I will contact again.  But just saying, it says "someone else is using my product key" when I try to validate.  Activation works, validation for the genuine services do not work.  I can tell you 100% and proove it if I need to that I now own 2 product keys.  Not sure how someone else could be using my product key but I do not like the idea that someone is... well thx I will check up on my old product key in a few months.
    Monday, May 28, 2007 6:32 PM
  • Michael,

You mentioned the router as not working?  Were you able to get the router operational prior activation?  Also are you having intermit network issues which may be preventing contact with MS activation servers? Also can you provide a diagnostic report here in the forum so we may analyze the problem y ou are experiencing?

Stephen Holm, MS

WGA and OGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 10:46 PM
  • Kevin,

Please provide us with specifics as how Microsoft could not resolve the problem. Also did you go to the genuine advantage website and file a piracy report? We encourage all customers to submit piracy reports. This will help all our valued customers as well as future customers from being taken advantage of. Also you can work directly with the retailer and let them know what has happened.  In turn they should work with you regarding this problem.  Please post back and let us know what you have done in the meantime.  IN turn I can provide more information.

Stephen Holm, MS

OGA and WGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 10:49 PM
  • Michael Daniell,

Please erase the hard disk once again and run the Sony Recovery CD.  Upon completion, you should once again try and complete an automatic online activation if necessary.

At this point, DO NOT use the "Upgrade to XP Pro SP1a" CD.  Instead, download the stand alone SP2 package here:  http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en  Then download Autostreamer from here:  http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=223562

Next use Autostreamer to integrate SP2 into your XP Pro Upgrade CD's files and then burn the CD with your favorite CD buring program.

Finally, download the current NIC (Network interface card) driver from the Sony downloads page frop your computer, just in case you need it after you run the XP Pro upgrade.

Once that is completed, use the newly prepared CD to upgrade your XP Home SP1 installation to XP Pro SP2.

Thursday, May 31, 2007 2:09 AM
  •  Michael Daniell wrote:

Yup, me too as problem,  When Sony's Laptop have trouble.  I backup to external Hard disk completed.  Then I erased laptop's hard disk and put in Sony's Recovery CD by factory.  That CD was Windows XP Home Edition SP1.  When it installed completed.  I put activation sent was successfully. 

Then I put "Upgrade to Windows XP Professional SP1a" CD with Product ID Label from retail box.  Until installed done, Then I click Activation Sent was successfully. 

Then I get download a patch updates from Microsoft.   Popup the "Genuines Activation" installation, I click to accept to installed.  Few minutes   Update Patch want to restart the laptop.   I click Accept.   Few minutes,  Activation came message require to Activation Code.  I realise that what doing on.   I can't get network (but network still active online with broadband router)   Absolute crazy..... I click the telephone show the nine of 6 digits.  I rang to Activation Team gave to me a Confirmed ID  were successfully say "Thank you for Activation Key"  then close the Activation and start login....

But  popup the error message "Error preventing Windows from accurately checking the license for this computer error code 0x8004050a".    I try click ok and resume again ask Activation Phone again.  I rang again...  Third time to me make sick this again !!!

Resume a same problem,  !!!  Which last since two activation were successful, before Genuines Activation doing bad things.

What do I fix this   (notes - I can't get "Safe Mode" cause the activation told to normal operator need activation require.  All blocked for us. 

a Genuine Activation is serious problem.   I think many people hate a "Activation",  If business can't get access to the business network.  It's very urgent working, but breakdown cause ask activation key need.

Sunday, June 3, 2007 9:23 PM
  • Samir,

Follow the guidance Dan recommended and reformat the hard disk. Next you will have to telephone activate. Please post back and let us know how things worked for you.

Stephen Holm, MS

Monday, June 4, 2007 11:48 PM
  •  

dear sir / mam,

I  would like validate my wmp, but i cant i dont know why, i will use my wmp but it cant work beacause i kneed the genuine validation, i am trying to validate but i always not sucsess.  sir i am hoping for your concern regarding to my problem ,

sencerely yours                                            

lito

Tuesday, June 5, 2007 10:30 AM
  • Liti664,

Please follow these steps for assistance:

Step 1 is to run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012, then click the Windows tab, click the "Copy" button, then paste the report into a response in this thread.

Step 2 is to look on the computer or with the materials you received with the computer or with your retail purchase of  Windows to see if you have a Certificate of Authenticity (CoA).  If you have one, tell us about the CoA.  Tell us:

1.  What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center, or another version of Windows?

2.  Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?

3.  Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?

4.  DO NOT post the Product Key printed on the CoA.

Not sure what to look for?  See this page for reference:  http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/en/coa.mspx

Tuesday, June 5, 2007 8:05 PM
  • hi do u no how 2 do ur productkey i have 1 but wheni turn the computer on theis things cum up and every time i enter my productkey it says i need 2 visit windows visita

Thursday, July 5, 2007 11:23 AM
  • Charliex,

Please post your question in the Vista forum:  http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=1004&SiteID=25

Thursday, July 5, 2007 3:48 PM
  • new cds from hp

Thursday, August 30, 2007 11:49 PM
  •  

John,

Curious do you have a WGA question? I don't understand what you are saying about new cds from HP?

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

Friday, August 31, 2007 12:01 AM

All replies

• Well, after contacting microsoft by email I could not resolve this problem.  It says my license is "invalid" but I know it is valid.  I bought the program from Wal-Mart a few months ago.  I decided to buy another license for the meantime and everything is working now for the new key.  I will try my old key later, in a few months and if it fails I will contact again.  But just saying, it says "someone else is using my product key" when I try to validate.  Activation works, validation for the genuine services do not work.  I can tell you 100% and proove it if I need to that I now own 2 product keys.  Not sure how someone else could be using my product key but I do not like the idea that someone is... well thx I will check up on my old product key in a few months.
    Monday, May 28, 2007 6:32 PM
  • Michael,

You mentioned the router as not working?  Were you able to get the router operational prior activation?  Also are you having intermit network issues which may be preventing contact with MS activation servers? Also can you provide a diagnostic report here in the forum so we may analyze the problem y ou are experiencing?

Stephen Holm, MS

WGA and OGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 10:46 PM
  • Kevin,

Please provide us with specifics as how Microsoft could not resolve the problem. Also did you go to the genuine advantage website and file a piracy report? We encourage all customers to submit piracy reports. This will help all our valued customers as well as future customers from being taken advantage of. Also you can work directly with the retailer and let them know what has happened.  In turn they should work with you regarding this problem.  Please post back and let us know what you have done in the meantime.  IN turn I can provide more information.

Stephen Holm, MS

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 10:49 PM
  • Michael Daniell,

Please erase the hard disk once again and run the Sony Recovery CD.  Upon completion, you should once again try and complete an automatic online activation if necessary.

At this point, DO NOT use the "Upgrade to XP Pro SP1a" CD.  Instead, download the stand alone SP2 package here:  http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en  Then download Autostreamer from here:  http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=223562

Next use Autostreamer to integrate SP2 into your XP Pro Upgrade CD's files and then burn the CD with your favorite CD buring program.

Finally, download the current NIC (Network interface card) driver from the Sony downloads page frop your computer, just in case you need it after you run the XP Pro upgrade.

Once that is completed, use the newly prepared CD to upgrade your XP Home SP1 installation to XP Pro SP2.

Thursday, May 31, 2007 2:09 AM
  •  Michael Daniell wrote:

Yup, me too as problem,  When Sony's Laptop have trouble.  I backup to external Hard disk completed.  Then I erased laptop's hard disk and put in Sony's Recovery CD by factory.  That CD was Windows XP Home Edition SP1.  When it installed completed.  I put activation sent was successfully. 

Resume a same problem,  !!!  Which last since two activation were successful, before Genuines Activation doing bad things.

Sunday, June 3, 2007 9:23 PM
  • Samir,

Follow the guidance Dan recommended and reformat the hard disk. Next you will have to telephone activate. Please post back and let us know how things worked for you.

Stephen Holm, MS

Monday, June 4, 2007 11:48 PM
  •  

dear sir / mam,

I  would like validate my wmp, but i cant i dont know why, i will use my wmp but it cant work beacause i kneed the genuine validation, i am trying to validate but i always not sucsess.  sir i am hoping for your concern regarding to my problem ,

sencerely yours                                            

lito

Tuesday, June 5, 2007 10:30 AM
  • Liti664,

Please follow these steps for assistance:

Step 1 is to run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012, then click the Windows tab, click the "Copy" button, then paste the report into a response in this thread.

Step 2 is to look on the computer or with the materials you received with the computer or with your retail purchase of  Windows to see if you have a Certificate of Authenticity (CoA).  If you have one, tell us about the CoA.  Tell us:

1.  What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center, or another version of Windows?

2.  Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?

3.  Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?

4.  DO NOT post the Product Key printed on the CoA.

Not sure what to look for?  See this page for reference:  http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/en/coa.mspx

Tuesday, June 5, 2007 8:05 PM
  • hi do u no how 2 do ur productkey i have 1 but wheni turn the computer on theis things cum up and every time i enter my productkey it says i need 2 visit windows visita

Thursday, July 5, 2007 11:23 AM
  • Charliex,

Please post your question in the Vista forum:  http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=1004&SiteID=25

Thursday, July 5, 2007 3:48 PM
  • new cds from hp

Thursday, August 30, 2007 11:49 PM
  •  

John,

Curious do you have a WGA question? I don't understand what you are saying about new cds from HP?

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

Friday, August 31, 2007 12:01 AM
  • Hi

Have the very same error  0x8004050a, the bad news is the only resolution is to format your machine and start over. I have found similar errors posted on the net though none of those solutions work for this error.

I have tried system restore through the recovery console though receive the error access denied to system~1/rest_ etc I can only think that the restore fuction is being blocked by whatever caused the activation error.  

One post refers to a third party backup utility or virus scanner as the cause of the problem.

Would have been nice if a resolution to this could be found to prevent those of us that support clients working all night to recover data and reinstall their machines before business opens......

Kind regards,

Si

Saturday, February 16, 2008 1:51 PM