Alert for virus update for laptop, but status is green RRS feed

• Question

• One care circle includes my desk top and laptop. Updated laptop and status now green, desktop remaining red indicating virus, spyware still needing an update for laptop and when I click on the update button a window opens indicating "this computer can't be contacted right now. You should be sure is it turned on and connected before continuing." Have rebooted both computers and problem persists. Has never happened before. Any suggestions? Thanks. Elliott

Sunday, October 26, 2008 5:32 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Elliott, this issue has affected a small number of users and is being investigated by the One Care Team.

Monday, October 27, 2008 6:54 PM
  •  

I moved your post to the multi-pc management topic folder. See this thread for a discussion on incorrect status being displayed on the hub PC and some possible solutions.

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2525334&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 5:03 PM
  • Hi Jim,

Thanks for the reply. I did speak with a tech on the one care team and the problem has been corrected. Elliott

Saturday, November 1, 2008 1:30 AM
  • Hello Elliott-  Can you tell me what the tech did to correct the problem?  I am having the exact same problem,  Thanks!

Thursday, November 6, 2008 6:15 PM
  • I don't know exactly what the tech did to correct the problem. I telephoned the tech support line and they linked into my system and he did some repair using a part of One Care (I think). I don't remember all the steps he took. When he was finished the problem was corrected. Give them a call. They were very helpful. Elliott

Saturday, November 8, 2008 3:53 AM