Need to hire EXCEL Developer. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have a file that requires a sort and split process. To be specific I have a file that contains roughly 24,000 records divided among 43 categories. The categories are currently represented by a numerical value that must be changed to a corresponding name. The file must be sorted then split into separate Worksheets (43) with the name of each worksheet being that of the category. Example 1,2,3,4,5, rename the numbers to Dogs, Cats, Fish, Hamsters, Mice, then a worksheet created and named Dogs.csv, Cats.csv, Fish.csv and so on containing the specific product record. The file needs to be pulled from a zip and have the process run twice a week, if you can code for Apple Automator too I require a script to pull the primary file via FTP from my supplier, store on my desktop, run the EXCEL task and then FTP the new files to another URL.

Now to be fully upfront, I am a Firearms Dealer and if you do not like guns I understand completely and respect your opinion.

I did have someone almost accomplish this but the process only got about 75% of the way through. So this may be a little tricky and to make things even more interesting, it has to run on the MAC version of MS Excel.

You may contact me directly if you wish at manager@theballisticscenter.com Thank you, Jim Lucore

• Edited by Ballisticsman Thursday, October 12, 2017 11:49 PM Clearficiation
    • Moved by Chenchen Li Friday, October 13, 2017 7:00 AM OffTopic
    Thursday, October 12, 2017 11:43 PM

All replies

• Hi Ballisticsman,

This forum(Excel for Developers) is for development issue related to Excel Object Model, and I think your requirement for hiring excel developer is out of our support. I will move the thread to Off-Topic Post. Thanks for understanding.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 13, 2017 6:58 AM