Server shares backup option not available. RRS feed

• Question

• I read elsewhere that the server should be listed in the Computers and Backup tab, and that a right click should allow me to backup selected shares to another drive. Well, on my homebuilt server there are only the client PCs listed in that tab, not the server.

Is there something I'm missing, or should I be filing a bug report for this?

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 4:11 PM

Answers

• Have you added a drive yet as being available for the server to back up to?  Maybe it does not appear till you have made a drive available.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 4:13 PM
  • D'oh.

External drive was plugged in - but I didn't realise you had to "add" it as well for the server to understand it was there...

Thanks..

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 4:21 PM

All replies

• Have you added a drive yet as being available for the server to back up to?  Maybe it does not appear till you have made a drive available.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 4:13 PM
  • D'oh.

External drive was plugged in - but I didn't realise you had to "add" it as well for the server to understand it was there...

Thanks..

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 4:21 PM
  • When you Add the drive, it will ask you if you want to include it in the Storage Pool, or to use it as the Backup Drive.

Colin

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 5:17 PM