Public IM Connectivity issue RRS feed

• Question

•  We are federated with AOL, MSN and Yahoo. After the migration to R2 (which was about the time of the 12/2 AOL Cert change) we stopped communicating successfully with AOL. After doing much research and troubleshooting I have found the following:
    1. We have imported the certs correctly onto ALL OCS Servers (FE and EDGE)
    2. We cannot IM AOL users at all, but we do see presence changes. We get timeouts on our side.
    3. When AOL users IM us, we get a new IM window, but no message.
    4. When doing a SIP trace on the edge we get the following:
    481 Call Leg/Transaction Does not exits. When I look at the details, it has the Peer address for the outgoing SIP message as .domainname.com where I expect to see sip.domainname.com which is what we sent to the federated partners as our access edge server.

I have verified that our access edge cert is for sip.domainname.com and that the DNS entries correctly point to our edge server both internally and externally.

We are only having this problem with PIC vendors and NOT with federated contacts, but I assume that is because they have our sip.domainname.com as our access edge server in the federation properties.

Anyone have any other ideas as to how we would change the peer address or why it is showing up that way?
    Thanks in advance
    Mark

Mark King | C/D/H | MCTS:OCS | MCSE: Messaging | MCITP:Enterprise Administrator | CCNA
    Wednesday, January 21, 2009 2:33 PM

All replies

• Hi,

When you change your External Access Edge FQDN you have to inform Microsoft PIC team about this. Normally while you request for PIC license they need your access edge FQDN and add this in PIC partner's servers. So use your Volume License website to update your access edge external FQDN

Jithendranath Reddy
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 11:12 AM
  • We did not change the external FQDN, just the physical server. 
    Mark King | C/D/H | MCTS:OCS | MCSE: Messaging | MCITP:Enterprise Administrator | CCNA
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 1:50 PM