Error while trying the crm sdk sample code-RESTSilverlightContactEditor.Web RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Can you please helguide to solve the following exception while trying to sample code of silverlight from crm sdk .I have created an  crm online organization and it showing an exception during run time.Its displaying the design page but within few sec its showing the exception dialogue box.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 1:07 PM

All replies

• I suspect that this is because you are running it from Visual Studio - you can't make calls to the REST services unless the webresource is deployed to CRM so that the call is coming from the same domain.

There is a work around if you are using OnPrem where you add a clientaccesspolicy.xml to your website - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc197955(v=vs.95).aspx

hth

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 1:20 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi ,

Thank you for your response . Actually i trying it on the online crm .i have called the web resource on the form and tried it but still its showing the following error its showing some error in onsavecontactcomplete  and oncontactsearchcomplete method .please kindly guide me.

Best regards

Meena

Thursday, July 11, 2013 5:29 AM
  • Hi

This is a different error now - not the security error!

A great way of diagnosing these kind of problems is by using Fiddler (or IE's F12 profiler) - you can capture the request/responses and see what is going on.

Your error basically indicates that one of the requests generated from calling SaveChanges has resulted in an error - using Fiddler to look at the requests will enable you to identify which one and resolve the issue.

hth

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Thursday, July 11, 2013 7:46 AM
    Answerer