error 1053 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have a file server with the ip address of 192.168.2.3 and hostname of filesrv@domain_name.com.
    There are many shared folders on the server which is set up as network drives on client pc's.
    The path for the share would be \\192.168.2.3\share$ or \\filesrv\share$. I was able to access the share by either way.
    Recently, when i tried to access this share by means of \\192.168.2.3\share$ i get an error "the network name cannot be found-error code: 0*80070043". but when i try \\filesrv\share$ i am able to access the share. I have checked the dns and nothing has changed recently. I can resolve ip to name and name to ip from all servers and also the domain controller and filesrv.
    An event id of 1053 is also recorded "Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. (The RPC server is unavailable. ). Group Policy processing aborted".

I am not sure what might have caused this. I have checked the dns on the filesrv and it is correctly pointing to the domain controller

Any ideas ?

Thank you
    Mottai

Tuesday, December 1, 2009 3:22 AM

Answers

• This is the Windows Home Server forum. Forums for other Microsoft server operating systems can be found here .
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 3:28 AM