installed Office 2007 using a wrong product key RRS feed

• Question

• I bought new dell laptop with windows 7 and office 2007.I by mistake entered wrong product key for activation and now when I try to activate it using the internet it says 'could not activate because product key used to install was not valid'.what should I do?If I restall it would it work with the same product key that came with my PC? 
    Sunday, June 20, 2010 6:15 AM

Answers

• I bought new dell laptop with windows 7 and office 2007.I by mistake entered wrong product key for activation and now when I try to activate it using the internet it says 'could not activate because product key used to install was not valid'.what should I do?If I restall it would it work with the same product key that came with my PC? 
    This should help

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Sunday, June 20, 2010 9:27 AM
  • Hello PK46,

You wrote, "If I restall it would it work with the same product key that came with my PC?"

No.  The product key on the computer's Certificate of Authenticity (CoA) is for the installation of Windows installed on that particular computer.  It is not expected to work to activate any other software product like Office.

You have to purchase a perpertual Office license to continue to use Office after the Trial period has elapsed.  You can order a product key online by clicking on the links shown in the notice that tells you Office Trial has expired, or you can buy a retail copy of Office at a local, trusted software retailer.

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    Sunday, June 20, 2010 12:18 PM

All replies

This should help

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Sunday, June 20, 2010 9:27 AM
  • Hello PK46,

You wrote, "If I restall it would it work with the same product key that came with my PC?"

No.  The product key on the computer's Certificate of Authenticity (CoA) is for the installation of Windows installed on that particular computer.  It is not expected to work to activate any other software product like Office.

You have to purchase a perpertual Office license to continue to use Office after the Trial period has elapsed.  You can order a product key online by clicking on the links shown in the notice that tells you Office Trial has expired, or you can buy a retail copy of Office at a local, trusted software retailer.

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    Sunday, June 20, 2010 12:18 PM