TV Archive - Vail Server - no compressed option RRS feed

• Question

• Running Win Ultimate to record TV; TV Archive is transferring successfully to WHS Vail, but there is no option in Home Server settings in Media Center to compress to wmv. Any ideas? an option I've missed?

Thanks in advance

John Edwards - MicroScotland Ltd

Sunday, July 4, 2010 11:20 AM

All replies

• I believe, based on the release notes and getting started guide, that the eventual plan is for Vail to directly support the codec used for recording TV in Media Center. That codec isn't in Vail yet, though.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, July 4, 2010 5:42 PM
  • Apologize if I'm hijacking the thread....  No intent to randomize.

I've just finally gotten Vail on hardware rather than VM.  I've got my MCE (Win 7 Ultimate x64) connected, but I've yet to see any transfer taking place of the existing TV Archive to WHS.  V1 seemed to be pretty qucik to get going.

Is there something that I'm missing on the MCE side, rather than setting up the connect?  I see services on the MCE that are running - but no joy yet.  Is it just a wait and see?  It's been about 12 hours.

Likely, I'm just being impatient?  And, - it has not yet started a backup of the MCE.  I expect that tonight.

Thanks for any input!

Rick OCS UA
    Monday, July 5, 2010 9:00 PM
  • Rick,

Within Windows 7 Media Centre, towards the top of the menu is an option for TV Archive.  Here you can select to auto archive items (not sure what the time period is before items are archived) and the ability to select whole TV series to archive.

I believe these options need to be set to archive TV items.

Friday, July 16, 2010 6:02 PM
  • Mine seems to show up after the nightly backup.
    Monday, July 19, 2010 1:50 PM