Address information gets deleted RRS feed

• Question

• Hi
    For some reason the address information was deleted from about 730 contacts. There are no custom plugins or workflows that is doing this. It has happend two times now and the first time was a few days after rollup 7 was installed on the server and the clients but I can't say for sure if the error is related to this but I'm beginning to think so. Can it be that a person has the contats with no address in outlook and they get syncronized to CRM that way?
    Any suggestions on what I can do here to locate / fix this error?
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 1:54 PM

Answers

• problem solved. In order to se who or what deleted the address information I created a plugin that run on the update event and writes who is doing the updating to a log file. Turned out it was a users CRM outlook client that was doing it.

Monday, December 14, 2009 7:56 AM

All replies

• Hi Christian, do all the contacts have the same Modified On and Modified By values? That might give you a clue. Normally, plugins are set to run under a specific account. Updates through Outlook synchronisation should use the SYSTEM account or the user's account.
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 3:18 PM
  • well the thing is that a workflow is set to run as the entity gets updated and so the creator of that workflow stands as the person who modified the entity. Therefor I can't see who did the update in the first place.
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 3:23 PM
  • problem solved. In order to se who or what deleted the address information I created a plugin that run on the update event and writes who is doing the updating to a log file. Turned out it was a users CRM outlook client that was doing it.

Monday, December 14, 2009 7:56 AM