Preferred Calling Device RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have RCC enabled and communicator calls disabled.  When I initially log on to my MOC, double click a contact the call button in the left hand corner of the conversation window defaults to Communicator call.  If I click on the Call button it tells me "This calling feature is disabled" - as expected.  Can I force the default call button to be Office phone vs Communicator call?
    Wednesday, October 29, 2008 6:06 PM

All replies

• This topic has been covered in the past and I think the concensus was that you can't set a global default, but each contact remembers the most recentely used option.

I agree that in an RCC deployment defaulting to a non-OC call would be beneficial as many RCC deployments will not use EV or even have the audio hardware to support PC calls (desktops without mics).

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 6:36 PM
  •  

Not sure if this was covered in past threads but setting the Telephonymode=2 will make the default phone (vs. communicator call).  Granted you still have communicator calls enabled but users have to explicitly use it.  Also telephonymode=4 setting affected our ability to do videocalls.  As a result telephonymode=2 looks to be our best option.

Thought I'd throw that out there since it looked like you could set the default to phone based on answers that I saw in other forums - but no explanation on how they did it.  I'm assuming telephonymode=2 was how....

Thursday, October 30, 2008 4:48 PM
  •  telephonymode=2 is a good idea but it disabled video calls on users OCS clients too...that really sucks...anyway to just have the preferred device set to phone without doing it manually and without disabling the video calls in OCS R2 ??

thanks !
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 7:12 PM
  • This seems to me to be something of a problem, i dont know about the rest of you but we have almost the whole company using communicator for all internal calls, we're saving a fortune, now if i enable enterprise voice for any of them they will make a paid call as the default, i know this is what they will do without thinking. Is there any way to set communicator as default option?

Friday, October 9, 2009 8:18 AM
  • Jim,

Not sure I understand your concern. Even if you enable EV and two EV users call one another, that will still be an "on-net" call and would be any different from making a Communicator to Communicator call.

Casper Pieterse
    Priniciple Consulant
    Dimension Data Microsoft Solutions, South Africa
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 5:51 AM