none
MCSD and Visual Studio version RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently studying for my MCSD and have completed 70-480 and 70-486.  When I took 70-480, I think the exam was based on Visual Studio 2012, although it did not seem to matter since the material was HTML5, CSS3, and JavaScript.  I took 70-486 on Visual Studio 2013 and MVC5.  Recently, I came across a comment on the forums that you have to do all of your MCSD exams on the same version of Visual Studio.  Is this really true?  I would like to think that I am 2/3 done with my certification, but if I have to redo 70-480 to become an MCSD, then I am only 1/3 done.  I am doing this as a personal goal, as well as giving myself a structured way to learn new material, because I have never seen any benefit in employment or income based on completing certification exams.  I would love to complete this, but it is not worth my time if I have to retake 70-480 because there is a lot of other information I want to learn to help me write better applications (AngularJS, Knockout, SPA, etc.).  

Please let me know if all of the exams need to be in the same version of Visual Studio.  Since Microsoft seems to 'update' the exams randomly, it will be hard to figure out how close I am to completing a higher-level certification.  

Thanks in advance!

Christine A. Piffat

Monday, December 15, 2014 8:31 PM