none
The barrier to post here is really high. Most frustrating experience I've ever had on a tech related forum. RRS feed

• Question

• So about two weeks ago I wanted to report an issue since I have put quite the effort in debugging an issue with Microsoft's Docker images and Win32-OpenSSH.

For this reason I create a community account but I can't post the issue since it contains links to GitHub issues I created beforehand and other resources the sample Dockerfiles that reproduce the issue point to.

So first I have to find verification thread number 43. Took me half an hour to find it because Google finds older threads and the old threads that reference the new ones are so big that my browser crashes twice.

Today, two weeks later, I try again. I have saved my prepared post in a RTF/DOCX file but pasting it into the WYSIWYG editor breaks my post. So I paste it bit by bit (prose and code snippets) and reapply formatting for each bit. How nice markdown would be.

I enter the captcha and hit send. I get an "Unexpected error", the title of the post gets destroyed by some kind of URL encoding(?). I fix that and try again. The post gets flagged as spam, I get sent here with the post that I've prepared completely discarded.

I try the whole ordeal again with the exact same result. Unexpected error, then flagged as spam. I check the developer console. Nothing.

I don't even know what to say, I wanna report this issue but I can't.

edit: since MSDN/TechNet forums are going to be retired by end of year, can I report Windows Container issues on Q&A?

• Edited by crxk Thursday, July 16, 2020 3:39 PM
    Tuesday, July 14, 2020 8:03 AM

Answers

• This still should be the correct place to post as Virtualization\Windows Containers forum has not yet migrated to QnA

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=windowscontainers

your account should have been verified by now. If not try sending an email to fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, July 14, 2020 11:41 AM