CRM Outlook client limitations RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Is there a limitation to the number of emails which can be sent from CRM (i.e. for a campaign) through the outlook client.

I understand that it downloads and sends out emails every 15 minutes as part of the sync however is there a limitation to the number it downloads for sending?

Thanks

Mandeep

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 5:33 PM

All replies

• So the limit is really going to be on your Outlook and Exchange performance. It's not a hard limit, but if you start treating it as a mass marketing tool, you're going to have issues.

1. High volumes of emails have a high chance of getting hit with spam blacklists.  Suddenly you can't send email from your Exchange server of any type because Spamhaus or someone like them has decided you're a spammer.

2. Your personal Outlook performance will suffer.  If you're locking up your Outlook to send out thousands of mails, how do you get other work done?

So if you're using mail marketing, get an add-on like CoreMotives, or a marketing tool like Dynamics Marketing.  If you're doing a one-shot every once in a while to a few hundred people, do it during lunch so you don't have to suffer through an Outlook that is too busy for you.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 5:37 PM