none
Activation problem upgrading from Office 2007 to Office 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I bought a Dell laptop with Office 2007 installed.  Because of when I bought it, I am entitled to an upgrade to Office 2010.  The process was going smoothly until I reached the part where I was asked to enter the product key.  I entered it several times directly from the box the Office 2007 disc came in and I kept getting the error that "This is not a valid Office Product key.  I have been using Office 2007 for several months, so I know the key is correct.  Any idea why I am getting this error?  (I don't have the date of purchase handy, but the upgrade procedure included a step where I was told I was entitled to the upgrade.)

George

Friday, July 2, 2010 7:03 PM

Answers

• I bought a Dell laptop with Office 2007 installed.  Because of when I bought it, I am entitled to an upgrade to Office 2010.  The process was going smoothly until I reached the part where I was asked to enter the product key.  I entered it several times directly from the box the Office 2007 disc came in and I kept getting the error that "This is not a valid Office Product key.  I have been using Office 2007 for several months, so I know the key is correct.  Any idea why I am getting this error?  (I don't have the date of purchase handy, but the upgrade procedure included a step where I was told I was entitled to the upgrade.)

George

See your other post in the Office forums.  This is not a Vista issue.
    Saturday, July 3, 2010 2:51 AM

All replies

George

See your other post in the Office forums.  This is not a Vista issue.
    Saturday, July 3, 2010 2:51 AM
  • Hello Guavaman,

Agree with LVTravel, please post in the Office section of this forum for assistance with Office issues.

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    Saturday, July 3, 2010 1:20 PM